Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The establishment and historic child sex abuse

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
[MENTION=3788]Barrel of Fun[/MENTION], excuse me? What are you trying to say, that I'm not allowed an opinion? You saying that this board will determine the outcome of weather or not females will come forward? Isn't this board for debating whetehr what view you hold or are we suppose to be yes posters and conform with the verdict?

Would this board stop someone reporting an assault? Possibly. There are women who read and post on here, they are exposed to such culture of victim blaming and shaming whenever the topic comes up. One in five women between the ages of 16 and 59 have been a victim of assault since they turned 16. Statistically speaking, it's almost certain at least one female who posts on this board has been the victim of a sexual assault. If they're on here seeing posters like you assuming, despite a case being tried in court, with weeks of evidence, proving beyond a reasonable doubt to a jury of ordinary people that he is guilty of multiple counts of abuse, that it's a money grabbing stitch up, it could be another example of a societal attitude that makes them stay silent about the abuse they suffered.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
Would this board stop someone reporting an assault? Possibly. There are women who read and post on here, they are exposed to such culture of victim blaming and shaming whenever the topic comes up. One in five women between the ages of 16 and 59 have been a victim of assault since they turned 16. Statistically speaking, it's almost certain at least one female who posts on this board has been the victim of a sexual assault. If they're on here seeing posters like you assuming, despite a case being tried in court, with weeks of evidence, proving beyond a reasonable doubt to a jury of ordinary people that he is guilty of multiple counts of abuse, that it's a money grabbing stitch up, it could be another example of a societal attitude that makes them stay silent about the abuse they suffered.

Wind your neck in mate. Men suffer as well.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
And why is that then? How many people have been found guilty then only many years later been found to be innocent.

0.6% of rape cases were false allegations.
http://www.theguardian.com/commenti...ngly-accused-victims-rape?CMP=EMCNEWEML6619I2
http://www.theguardian.com/society/...-belief-false-accusations?CMP=EMCNEWEML6619I2

Trying to find stat regarding wrongful conviction, can only find USA on wikipedia, which puts it between 2.3 and 5%
http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2012/mar/19/myths-about-rape-conviction-rates

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Wind your neck in mate. Men suffer as well.

That doesn't really make any sense as a response.

Firstly, you specifically asked if females would be put off reporting their assaults by posts on this board.

Secondly, you seem to be suggesting that because men also suffer from rape and sexual assault it makes it ok for you to dismiss a court's decision while victim blaming/denial?

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
"Harris would have faced a maximum sentence of 14 years for the assault on the girl aged seven or eight in 1969, had the offence been committed today.

On the five counts relating to his daughter's friend, Harris would have faced a maximum term of eight years if committed today."

So what do you reckon Saville would have got if the scumbag had still been alive to face justice (unless Footsoldier is right and all of his victims were merely moneygrabbers making up stories to line their own pockets as well)?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Ridiculously light sentence with remission etc he will be out in less than 2 years (23 months) He will probably allowed out on licence/parole after 1/3 of the time although the judge di suggest after 50% time served.

Last edited:

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
Sums obviously not your strongpoint. :D Automatic remission is 50% of a sentence.

It is now. When I went to prison in 93 then it was sentences of 6 months or less and anything over 6 months then you had to serve two thirds. He got 5 years and 9 months so I recon he'll serve less than half in prison as he'll be released wearing a tag.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here