Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pubs serving Thai food

Virgo's Haircut

Resident Train Guru
Jul 5, 2003
On a train...
There seems to be an ever increasing amount of pubs dishing up Thai grub in Brighton. Which are the best? Love a bit of Thai.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Circus Circus does good Thai food, pretty cheap if you go at lunchtime too.

The Pond used to do a decent green or red curry for a fiver if you went early evening, that was a few years ago though.

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
Not Brighton, but the Stand Up in Lindfield has been doing this for a while and the food is brilliant. Plus for all you ditchwater drinkers they have a fine array of ales.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Found The Druid's Arms near the level do good genuine Thai food.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The Reservoir just off Elm Grove does a good Thai menu and has a nice range of ale

Virgo's Haircut

Resident Train Guru
Jul 5, 2003
On a train...
Thanks for the tips guys. Was looking at the Reservoir earlier. Just round the corner from me too.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
The Wick isnt too bad.

I would stay away from the Office, got recommended to me, the food was average but the pub itself was awful. had one of the worst tasting pints I have ever had, took it back got a fresh pint and tasted exactly the same.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The White Horse in Hurstpierpoint does excellent Thai, which is run separately as a restaurant service.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
The White Horse in Hurstpierpoint does excellent Thai, which is run separately as a restaurant service.

THIS is the place I was trying to remember. Went there a couple of weeks back - really good food!

EastStandUpper01

May 12, 2014
Not Brighton, but the Stand Up in Lindfield has been doing this for a while and the food is brilliant. Plus for all you ditchwater drinkers they have a fine array of ales.

Exactly this!
I'll chose the Stand Up every time around the Haywards Heath/Lindfield area! Great Thai food and good selection of beer/ales all at a reasonable price too.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
If anyone ever visits Cambridge, try the Wrestlers' on Newmarket Road. The LL's wife is Thai and serves pretty authentic (if you ask for it) Thai food. Good ales. A bit spit and sawdust (the latter literally until two years ago), but brilliant food. Cheap too.

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
Yep. Second shout for the Wrestlers in Cambridge. Back in the days when we played them, would be our pub of choice always. Bit rough generally but great food. Old school.

Last edited:

Mannakin

Jun 24, 2013
Hove (actually!)
http://www.thelongmanpub.co.uk/

Does decent Thai food.

The other side of the pub has Sky sports and they do a bus to the stadium on match days
For the sport fans, we run a bus service taking 100 Brighton football fans to and from the Amex stadium on match days

5 minute walk from me and if I didn't use my motorbike to get to the stadium - this is what i would do

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here