Good record with youth
Jones will probably vouch for him
Free
Local
Doesn't seem to have a massive ego
Fantastic season last year

Cons:
Sacked from Charlton, with 'transfer issues' being suggested as a reason
Seems like he may be too nice for management.
Not a 'big' or 'flair' name

Available at 40's with Bet Victor.
Thoughts?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
He will work for FREE?!?!?!?!?! FFS get him in NOW

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Not the big name or flair persona many seem to insist we should have as a manager but I'd be happy with him.

I'm not sure what the con about "transfer issues" is but given that Burke and his team handle all that, it's unlikely to be a problem.

Stumpy Tim

Was mentioned in a thread yesterday. Would be a decent choice, but underwhelming to some. I'm not sure there are many we would all approve of though.

It would be nice to give a chance to an up-and-coming British manager, and he fits the bill. Sherwood, Powell, or Nathan Jones would be okay with me to be honest.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Whoever it is, I want them to stay more than a year. That's all I ask for, a bit of ruddy STABILITY.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Was mentioned in a thread yesterday. Would be a decent choice, but underwhelming to some. I'm not sure there are many we would all approve of though.

It would be nice to give a chance to an up-and-coming British manager, and he fits the bill. Sherwood, Powell, or Nathan Jones would be okay with me to be honest.

At least Nathan Jones has got a hit record about him. "You've been gone too long.." etc.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
I'm not sure what the con about "transfer issues" is but given that Burke and his team handle all that, it's unlikely to be a problem.

Suggestion is that the Chairman brought in a few players that Powell didn't want and so he didn't play them, which led to his demise (along with league position)
And since our previous two managers have got rather frustrated with transfers/budget, I thought it worth mentioning.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Pros:
Plays nice football
Knows the Championship
Good record with youth
Jones will probably vouch for him
Free
Local
Doesn't seem to have a massive ego
Fantastic season last year

Cons:
Sacked from Charlton, with 'transfer issues' being suggested as a reason
Seems like he may be too nice for management.
Not a 'big' or 'flair' name

Available at 40's with Bet Victor.
Thoughts?

nice guy and would be OK other than this.................. he is to nice
IMHO we need someone with a bit of nous and a backbone, there are a good few out there its finding right one that has the right balance, is going to be very difficult

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
We need a manager who can get us promoted whilst playing good, attractive, attacking football.

Sorry Chris, it's a no thanks from me.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
History tells us that the managers that succeed at our club are first and foremost no-nonsense motivators (eg Mullery, Adams, Poyet). I suspect Powell, like Garcia, is just a bit too phlegmatic and low key.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Jury is out for me on Powell. He could be great. However, I'd like to get a manager that has been there and done it this time. We took risks on the last two and did ok. Now let's welcome a tried and tested.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here