Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Budget 2014

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
I was going to post the same thing - I would LOVE to be able to applaud this move as being of direct benefit to me. How many people were gnashing their teeth, saying "Grrrrrrrr....if ONLY I could pay MORE THAN £11,520 annually into my ISA!!!" They'll be thrilled at the extra tax break, and can celebrate with 0.5 pence off half a pint of ale, rounded down.

You may mock and I do not know how old you are,but this will help some older people a little bit by enabling them to hang on to a bit more of their hard-earned in order to fund their retirement,which can go on for a long time and care fees are very high.Better off pensioners need less help from the State.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Or house prices double what they are now... the rate they are currently shooting up

Indeed. We bought a pretty standard "first-time-buyers" home 2 years ago. Nothing special and paid a normal, going rate for it. We recently had it valued when applying for a new fixed rate as well as researching what similar properies were going for. Very roughly, if we were to sell, we would to sell at around 15-17% higher than what we paid for it.

Bonkers. I have no idea if that is normal or below the normal rate of house price-growth, but I was shocked.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Ed Milliband now responding. Keeps going on about same old Tories, what about same old Labour Ed. Nothing will change under Labour. They will just be given an improving economy to screw up again, and they will keep giving away our money to people who don't deserve it.

I can't see anything that bothers me about this budget at first glance. I say that as someone who's regularly rude / sceptical about the Tories and politicians in general. However, I would love to know what your definition of deserving is? Who do Labour give money to that don't deserve it exactly?

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Really,.... how very clever you must be to come to that re-write of my personal history,.... I just stand up and castigate idiocy in all forms, from any source, red, blue or yellow,..... I actually analyse before leaping in, I dont for example vote for a party simply because my father did, or his father before that, or because I read a certain newspaper once, or because I only earn a certain salary,........... I vote according to the prevailing conditions and policies on the table at the time....... Clear now?

If you sincerely castigate idiocy of all forms you may wish to reconsider your earlier posts in order to justify your latest. Do you believe that we are so stupid as to accept anything other than you are a dyed in wool Tory. Your naive efforts to convince us you are Mr Floating Voter may possibly have held some credibility without your previous posts. Well that's my view anyway. :)

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
Indeed. We bought a pretty standard "first-time-buyers" home 2 years ago. Nothing special and paid a normal, going rate for it. We recently had it valued when applying for a new fixed rate as well as researching what similar properies were going for. Very roughly, if we were to sell, we would to sell at around 15-17% higher than what we paid for it.

Bonkers. I have no idea if that is normal or below the normal rate of house price-growth, but I was shocked.

If you find it bonkers making 15-17% profit on your house-flat then why not wave the profit and let someone else gain it instead of ****ing moaning. Either take the profit or don't. Anyone else in your shoes would be delighted at the increase, if you feel so strongly, then give your house-flat away for free and live on the streets.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton

and I think it's going to get worse. It was only in November/December I was merely curious about house prices in my area. I had a look a couple of weeks ago and I was seeing the same houses increase by 20% within a few months...

I am lucky enough to have a flat but that next step to a house won't be happening. Like wise for first time buyers I doubt many will even be able to make that first step.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
At Last! I can get access to my own pension - saved with my own money - draw out as much as I want to without some thick civil servant on a gold plated pension of his own, telling me how much I can have!

With you right up to the last sentence.

The lazy bloated life assurance cartel, have just got the arse kicking they had coming to them.

However we may end up with pensioners burning all their cash, before they pop their clogs.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
If you find it bonkers making 15-17% profit on your house-flat then why not wave the profit and let someone else gain it instead of ****ing moaning. Either take the profit or don't. Anyone else in your shoes would be delighted at the increase, if you feel so strongly, then give your house-flat away for free and live on the streets.

That's a bit harsh. He wasn't moaning, just commenting on how demand drives prices.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
You may mock and I do not know how old you are,but this will help some older people a little bit by enabling them to hang on to a bit more of their hard-earned in order to fund their retirement,which can go on for a long time and care fees are very high.Better off pensioners need less help from the State.

Better off pensioners traditionally vote Tory. Just saying.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
If you sincerely castigate idiocy of all forms you may wish to reconsider your earlier posts in order to justify your latest. Do you believe that we are so stupid as to accept anything other than you are a dyed in wool Tory. Your naive efforts to convince us you are Mr Floating Voter may possibly have held some credibility without your previous posts. Well that's my view anyway. :)
Wrong,.....I am 51 years old, so I have seen a few local and general elections... hardly naieve. You can believe what you want, I dont give a rats ass to be honest, but I vote according to the policies and conditions of the time. It just so happens that I am currently edging towards the blue side of the house, on the economy mainly....... so, hoisting you by your own petard,......... well, I didnt use the word stupid, you did.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
With you right up to the last sentence.

The lazy bloated life assurance cartel, have just got the arse kicking they had coming to them.

However we may end up with pensioners burning all their cash, before they pop their clogs.

A few may burn their cash before they peg,but hopefully those that have not splurged all their cash during their younger days ,but have tried to make some provision for their retirement will be responsible enough not to take this route.
Difference between Tories and Labour is that the Tories are prepared to trust people with their own money and Labour do not.....or even worse ,they want to spend it for them!

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England

What a bizarre post.

Where did I say I was unhappy that my property was worth more??? Of course I'm happy.

I'm genuinely stumped by your post. That has to be a wind up, right?

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
That's a bit harsh. He wasn't moaning, just commenting on how demand drives prices.

Not harsh at all. Everyone would be delighted and going to bed thinking of the profit they are making instead of worrying and moaning about how much the prices are going up. Any sane person would hope the price would double from 18% to 36%, I would if I had a flat/house.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Not harsh at all. Everyone would be delighted and going to bed thinking of the profit they are making instead of worrying and moaning about how much the prices are going up. Any sane person would hope the price would double from 18% to %36, I would if I had a flat/house.

Where did I MOAN?

What is wrong with you :lolol:

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury

I'm no spring chicken. I'm funding my retirement through a personal pension plan and a company defined contribution pension scheme. After all that, I have nowhere near a further £15k extra cash to invest, although I am able to put away some on a monthly basis into an ISA. If I stopped contributing into the personal pension plan and put it in an ISA instead, I'd still get nowhere near £15k per year. Do people use ISAs as their primary pension pot?

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Wrong,.....I am 51 years old, so I have seen a few local and general elections... hardly naieve. You can believe what you want, I dont give a rats ass to be honest, but I vote according to the policies and conditions of the time. It just so happens that I am currently edging towards the blue side of the house, on the economy mainly....... so, hoisting you by your own petard,......... well, I didnt use the word stupid, you did.

Hardly any point trying to pull some age rank on me son. Try to calm down .....incidently if you really don't give a rats bottom why the :rant: ? ...... :)

D

Deleted member 22389

I can't see anything that bothers me about this budget at first glance. I say that as someone who's regularly rude / sceptical about the Tories and politicians in general. However, I would love to know what your definition of deserving is? Who do Labour give money to that don't deserve it exactly?

The thousands of people who ripped off our benefits system whilst they where in power, making fraudulent claims.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here