Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thirty years on. Aha and Take on me.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
One of the first singles I ever bought. Seem to remember the sleeve of the single had a few pages attached and they formed the storyboard for the video.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Wasn't this on Jim 'll fix it? I'm sure a girl in the story board was in it because of ol' Uncle Jim!

Or did I imagine it??

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
My favourite music video of all time.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
The golden age of music video.
They used to make hundreds of little 4' movies a year in those days.

I had this one showing in class last week -- I'm teaching an animation unit -- to demonstrate some advanced uses of rotoscoping.

None of the students had ever seen it. About half recognzed -- or claimed to recognize -- the song.

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
I remember a school trip to France, the ferry over there had a new fangled fancy video jukebox. The video to this, along with Money for Nothing from Dire Straits were played and re-played almost constantly throughout the entire journey.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Wasn't this on Jim 'll fix it? I'm sure a girl in the story board was in it because of ol' Uncle Jim!

Or did I imagine it??
The girl in the original video was Morten Harket's girlfriend at the time.

I don't think you imagined it though as I believe Jim fixed it for someone to be in a "remake" of the video, at least I can remember something like that from a Jim'll Fix It (along with some kid who sent off an entire Arsenal team as he was upset they had knocked Oxford out of the League Cup).

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
First two albums annd the single 'Summer moved on' just fantastic. Hunting High and Low still my favourite.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
How come this didn't make it to number one, but the vastly inferior follow-up The Sun Always Shines On TV did? Must have been some truly amazing track to keep Take On Me from the top spot (awaits the inevitable news that it was some terrible guff).

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
How come this didn't make it to number one, but the vastly inferior follow-up The Sun Always Shines On TV did? Must have been some truly amazing track to keep Take On Me from the top spot (awaits the inevitable news that it was some terrible guff).

Jennifer Rush - The Power of Love.:love::love::love:

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall

That kind of thing did happen.

Wasn't 'Vienna' by Ultravox kept off the number one slot by 'Shaddup your face' by Joe Dolce?

edna krabappel

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 7, 2003
Family Guy also did a decent spoof of this video, with Chris Griffin playing the part of Morten Harket ( :love: )

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here