Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Free London

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Anyone advise of things worth doing in our great capital that are Free.

I've done the Old Bailey....brilliant
Tate Modern....didn't get it
Museums......not really my thing
Borough Market.....love it

Any help appreciated

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
I did the Old Bailey and PMQs on the same day. Loved both. Will go back to the Old Bailey for a full day in the not too distant future though. Fascinating stuff.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
So many different museums, surely one of them must take your fancy? Science? Natural History? V&A? British? Imperial war?

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Another vote for keep doing the tate again, the exhibitions change and you can tie it in with food at borough market and a walk along the south bank where there's always stuff going on in the summer.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Definitely can't do the Tate, mindless stuff. How can someone put one chair on top of another and call it art. Serious we used to that after assembly.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Definitely can't do the Tate, mindless stuff. How can someone put one chair on top of another and call it art. Serious we used to that after assembly.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Another vote for the museums, particularly the British Museum and the Natural History, for me (the latter as much for the building itself, as anything displayed in it).

I dispute people's inclusion of Borough Market though. What is FREE in Borough Market?

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Science and Natural History museums are very good, interactive days out - far better than British Museum.

Tate is only good to 'people watch' as the exhibitions there are generally tosh.

Walk along S. Bank.

Check out following buildings... St Pauls, Lloyds Building, Gerkin, Shard and Walkie-Talkie. All good photo ops and most can be accessed to some degree or another.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex

Completely agree. Went there a while back with Mrs P, and we both said we'd try and keep open minds about it, but no, it was a load of old tosh. My personal "favourite" was 2 basketballs in a fish tank. What?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here