Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ashley, you should have stayed with the Seagulls

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Unused sub today. Restricted to limited sub appearances in previous games.

Thought one reason he left was due to not being an automatic choice to start?

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
He left because he wanted a better contract and Burnley offered that to him. Gutted to see him go but if we weren't willing to improve the contract we offered him in the summer what can you do?

ManxSeagull

NSC Creator
Jul 5, 2003
Isle of Man
I was thinking the same earlier this evening. No doubt he will get his chance.

Were Burnley expecting to sell Ings?

Funny how Vokes couldn't hit a barn door for us, yet has scored 15 this season. Just shows how some players suit a certain style of play.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
He will play a lot more once the inevitable sale of Ings

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
At least Barnes's new club will be in the top 6 mix.
Good luck to Barnes - he has a young family and has secured his/their future with a well deserved fantastic contract by all accounts. Always gave his all for us and scored a lot of goals compared to almost every other striker Poyet/OG used.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
At least Barnes's new club will be in the top 6 mix.
Good luck to Barnes - he has a young family and has secured his/their future with a well deserved fantastic contract by all accounts. Always gave his all for us and scored a lot of goals compared to almost every other striker Poyet/OG used.

I'm not so sure they will.
With us, Blackburn, Ipswich and Wigan all improving, and Burnley fading quite Badly, they may well do a Leicester.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I'm not so sure they will.
With us, Blackburn, Ipswich and Wigan all improving, and Burnley fading quite Badly, they may well do a Leicester.

53 points to Ipswich's 43 with far superior GD. I watched today's game and was surprised how effective Burnley were, how good the forwards were, and how they were not frightened in the slightest by QPR's home advantage and team full of PL stars who'd won every Championship game in 2014.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
I was thinking the same earlier this evening. No doubt he will get his chance.

Were Burnley expecting to sell Ings?

Funny how Vokes couldn't hit a barn door for us, yet has scored 15 this season. Just shows how some players suit a certain style of play.

Poyet certainly struggled to get the best out of his strikers that's for sure. Wood, vokes and cms struggled with him more than they should have.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Money. He played lots for us, he moved for the money.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Money. He played lots for us, he moved for the money.

He moved because with Burnley he has at least 18 months in the championship to earn himself a new deal somewhere. If he had stayed he may have ended up with only a league 1 club like Dicker, Navarro, Painter & Sparrow come July

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
I always knew Vokes would turn out well, he's still young, burnley, although the town in a craphole, have 3 young forwards, with 2 in top form

As for Ashely leaving, why not? He didn't get the plaudits he deserved from some fickle fans on here, go where your appreciated

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Poyet certainly struggled to get the best out of his strikers that's for sure. Wood, vokes and cms struggled with him more than they should have.

...and Barnes....

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Wood isn't tearing up trees now,and he was still a raw teenager when on loan with us. Cms scored more with us than he did with Posh when they were a Championship club, and Vokes was a short term loan.
He seems to be doing ok with Johnson.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here