Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vladimir Putin: gay people at Winter Olympics must 'leave children alone'

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I despise Putin with every bone in my body. He's so transparent, yet it seems to work.
It works for Putin,.... the electorate dont agree, but then he is European equivilent of Robert Mugabe where elections are concerned, isn't he?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Is he saying that its okay for the hetrosexual visitors to tamper with the kiddies, then?

On a seperate note, when people agreed to be volunteers at these games, do you think they'd seen the uniform they were going to have to wear!?

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
Bribes, bribes and more bribes - that's why events like his go to tinpot, socially backward bloody nations.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
If you read it properly he's not actually saying that. The headline editor is paraphrasing.

He's saying that the law prevents homosexual propaganda being aimed at children, something which was debated over here a few years back.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
A few years ago, I was discussing a missing child with my wife's grandmother (90ish). "I hope the gays don't get hold of him." She said in all seriousness. Within a split second, I was ready with an explanation of the difference between homos and nonces and was about to declare that it would be good if 'the gays' were to get hold of him because they would do the right thing, but realised that it just wasn't worth the effort. She would have argued with me.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Bare+Chested+Vladimir+Putin+chest+River+Shirt+off.jpg

Pot calling the kettle black.

Although to be fair this is pretty impressive.

putin-bird.jpg

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Putin is either extremely ignorant or bigoted or both. I'm still trying to get my head around this quote from him

"We have a ban on the propaganda of homosexuality and paedophilia. I want to underline this. Propaganda among children. These are absolutely different things – a ban on something or a ban on the propaganda of that thing."

I have no idea what he said there but hey ho, later on it all becomes clearer....

" We have our own traditions, our own culture. We have respect for all of our international partners and ask that they also respect our own traditions and culture."

I'm taking that last part as it being ok to stitch people up for a crime they did not commit and to be found guilty before going through the boring necessity of a court case. Then throwing them in a prison with inhumane conditions before having a change of heart, if there is something in it for Russia or Putin's credibility, and releasing them saying it was all a misunderstanding.

Putin is a cynical dictator of the highest order but unfortunately he has power sewn up and we are stuck with him and his ramblings for some time to come I fear.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here