Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Favourite quotes.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
If I should die, think only this of me; there is a corner of some foreign field that is forever England - Rupert Brooke (killed 1915)

A pedant writes: it's not really true to say that Brooke was killed - that implies he met some sort of violent death. He died of blood poisoning following a mosquito bite

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Doubt it's from a book but one quote that makes me chuckle but rings incredibly true, in relation to lusting after someone:

"Yes, she may be good looking, funny and attractive but I assure you, some guy somewhere is sick of her sh*t".

That reminds me of the time Frank Sinatra was seen at the bar chatting up some piece of skirt and someone asked him why he did it when he was married to Ava Gardner - one of the most desired women in the world at that time _ and he replied..........."yeah buddy but she`s the wife"

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
'I’m big and I’m loud and I never let anybody know what I'm feeling. Sometimes it’s so difficult…I..I really like you, Halo'
'I like you too, Toy. You’re my best friend'
'Sure. Best friends. That’s what I meant.'
Halo Jones - Book Three.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
The past is a foreign country: they do things differently there.

Wonderfully evocative opening line of The Go-Between.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
"Lead, follow or get out of the way. "

The final piece of advice from a senior officer, given to my squad on the afternoon that we completed our basic training as firefighters. Those 8 words never failed me.

XYZ123

Mar 23, 2013
Oh, yeah. Bloody hell. I'm sweating in here. Roasting. Boiling. Baking. Sweltering. It's like a sauna. Furnace. You can fry an egg on my stomach. Ohh, who wouldn't lap this up? It's ridiculous.
Tremendous. Fantastic. Fan-dabby-dozy-tastic.

Gal Dove (Ray Winstone)
Sexy Beast

'No no no no no no no no!'

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here