Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gender selection.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek

The Modfather

Dec 13, 2009
Ibiza to the Norfolk Broads
Any child is a blessing. Aborting a child because of Gender (and its always girls) is disgusting. These people do not deserve to be parents quite frankly.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Aborting children for any kind of unwanted feature is awful. Abortion rates for foetus' which have Down Syndrome are as high as 90%, makes me sick that so many would abort a child because it doesn't quite fit what they want.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It is an obscene practice, all children should be loved regardless of gender.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
just playing devils advocate here but this story is a re-run(or sequel) of the Telegraph investigation in 2012 that exposed doctors signing off on gender related abortions.

The DPP decided it was not in the public interest to prosecute and said the law(the Abortion Act 1967) does not expressly prohibit gender-specific abortions.

It was discussed and debated in the commons recently, and the decision was widely condemned by MP`s

http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm201314/cmhansrd/cm131009/halltext/131009h0001.htm (scroll down a long way,it really does make an interesting read)

The DPP also said the issue had become sensitive and political,

I can think of many reasons why a woman would want to have an abortion but to choose to have one based on gender is wrong on so many levels.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Aborting children for any kind of unwanted feature is awful. Abortion rates for foetus' which have Down Syndrome are as high as 90%, makes me sick that so many would abort a child because it doesn't quite fit what they want.

That % makes me very sad. A friends lad has Downs syndrome and you'd not meet a more outstanding young man. Life of the party and has a crack at everything in life.

Like any child it's how you raise them that determines how they live their lives.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I suspect your catholic belief will probably have some sort of bias where abortion is concerned will it not?

Not really no. More being a man is my bias. Man wants the child, woman can just abort it. Man doesnt want the child and he'll still have to pay for it if the woman chases after him for $ and have the law on her side.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Abortion rates for foetus' which have Down Syndrome are as high as 90%, makes me sick that so many would abort a child because it doesn't quite fit what they want.

It's not easy bringing up a Downs baby and some parents fail to cope.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Has anyone else read the Peter James book 'Perfect People'. Shows what can happen when gender selection goes wrong.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008

Oh **** off. You're 16 you have **** all idea about how that might work. Caring for a child with Down Syndrome is an incredibly hard thing to do and requires a lifelong commitment and it is perfectly understandable if people com to the conclusion they're not in a position to do it. I highly doubt any decision was come to lightly and they don't need people like you judging them.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Oh **** off. You're 16 you have **** all idea about how that might work. Caring for a child with Down Syndrome is an incredibly hard thing to do and requires a lifelong commitment and it is perfectly understandable if people com to the conclusion they're not in a position to do it. I highly doubt any decision was come to lightly and they don't need people like you judging them.

My brother has Down's, I think I have a pretty good idea thanks :thumbsup:

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
My brother has Down's, I think I have a pretty good idea thanks :thumbsup:

You live in leafy Horsham and from everything I can work out come from a comfortable background. The reality for a couple from Whitehawk both existing on minimum wage is rather different. The idea they should have the child and if they can't cope... So we just hand these kids off to our BRILLIANT care system do we?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here