Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by questions View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    we're lucky with tony bloom, a proper fan. Not some nob of a 'foreign businessman' who wants to change our name, colours or even goes to games with his shirt tucked in his suit trousers ffs. Forget about the hulls the forests and the cardiffs . I'd hate to be run by one of them goons. Tb is setting us up for years to come. Do you really believe those other chairmen will be around long.. They'll be hiring and firing on a yearly basis as well. No way to plan a future that. Ffp will not be what curtails them though.
    this!
    Brighton But Only At Home

It's a blog. About home games. And some other stuff.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Forest's summer spending included:

Djamel Abdoun - £1.5m
      Jamie Mackie - £1m
      Kelvin Wilson - £2.5m
      Jamie Paterson - £1m

Not to mention the wages to loan the likes of Nathaniel Chalobah, Jack Hobbs, and most recently David Vaughan..

And all that for a club who aren't even receiving parachute payments. You can only sympathise with poor Billy.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by swindonseagull View Post
      where do you get your information about leeds?
      I work alongside a very big Leeds supporter, his cousin actually plays for Burnley Anyway apparently Leeds are due an input of cash to push on.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by tweenster View Post
      There was a thread on here recently that said that the fines might not be distributed to clubs that meet FFP, but will be donated to charity.
      Then the incentive has gone, at the very least a 50/50 split between clubs and charity should happen.

Quote Originally Posted by seagullsovergrimsby View Post
      QPR wont face a £60M fine if they get promoted this season , there is a one season exemption for clubs relegated from the Premier League so in effect they have to gain promotion at the first attempt. I don't think there will be any fines issued for clubs who break FFP rules and achieve promotion as the Football League has no jurisdiction over Premier League clubs. The Premier League has already stated that any promoted club becomes a member of the Premier League and therefore follows the PL regulations and FFP guidelines. The Football League has confirmed that any fines issued to promoted clubs cannot be distributed and shared out to Championship clubs who have observed FFP and the monies will go to charity but it is unlikely the fines would be enforceable in the first place. The clubs who stay within the FFP guidelines will only benefit financially from those clubs in the same division who overspend but fail to get promoted (or relegated to League 1).
      So basically summed up in a few words - its a flawed load of shite as no one has the balls to give any punishment. No chance of getting finances under control then !!

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Questions View Post
      We're lucky with Tony Bloom, a proper fan. Not some nob of a 'foreign businessman' who wants to change our name, colours or even goes to games with his shirt tucked in his suit trousers ffs. Forget about the Hulls the Forests and the Cardiffs . I'd hate to be run by one of them goons. TB is setting us up for years to come. Do you really believe those other chairmen will be around long.. They'll be hiring and firing on a yearly basis as well. No way to plan a future that. FFP will not be what curtails them though.
      Those owners tend to get bored and leave the fans to pick up the pieces.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by BensGrandad View Post
      If the transfers that enabled you to breach the FFP rule were good enough the embargo wouldnt affect you. What about the wage that you offer this season if very high you would still have to pay that next season under the terms of the players contract so possible breech it again.
      In theory yes, but in reality, how many clubs do you know that don't try and change things around a bit whether with purchases or free transfers. Also, am I right in thinking that the embargo applies until you demonstrate you are complying with FFP. If you have players on expensive contracts then that might not be for several years.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by HawkTheSeagull View Post
      Then the incentive has gone, at the very least a 50/50 split between clubs and charity should happen.

So basically summed up in a few words - its a flawed load of shite as no one has the balls to give any punishment. No chance of getting finances under control then !!
      But the charity aspect MIGHT prevent a club taking it court. Who would want to be the club that takes the league to court for donating to charity, not great for their image. Though knowing a lot of these owners, they might not care anyway.

0 Not allowed!
      Frankly I do not care whether others adhere to FFP or not. I do not expect to see the any fines enforced, or that money to be distributed equably. The should take the word Fair out of FFP. What I am happy with is that Bloom and Barber are not prepared to gamble the future of our club on getting to the Premier League. If Forest, QPR, Leeds, Bolton etc etc want to go down that route then it is up to them, but I am happy that my club will be on a sound financial footing for the foreseeable future. Whilst those clubs are all guaranteed a further (or first) administration if they fail to reach the Premier League in the next couple of seasons.
      It's probably nice to be Olympic champion. Like winning Gent-Wevelgem or something.
      Technocrat

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Pantani View Post
      The should take the word Fair out of FFP.
      Financial Play. I like it!

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Pantani View Post
      Frankly I do not care whether others adhere to FFP or not. I do not expect to see the any fines enforced, or that money to be distributed equably. The should take the word Fair out of FFP. What I am happy with is that Bloom and Barber are not prepared to gamble the future of our club on getting to the Premier League. If Forest, QPR, Leeds, Bolton etc etc want to go down that route then it is up to them, but I am happy that my club will be on a sound financial footing for the foreseeable future. Whilst those clubs are all guaranteed a further (or first) administration if they fail to reach the Premier League in the next couple of seasons.
      He is talking sense you know...