Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

After 23 games last year!

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Matches 23-46 we were top of the Championship form table with 41 points from 23 games with a +18 goal difference and only four defeats.

A repeat of that would almost certainly confirm a play-off place for us. My gut feel though is that we aren't quite as good as last season, although arguably we have a little more strength in depth.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
And to think that if we had beaten the teams that have taken points from us that we really should have buried, where could we be right now?

I think we are better off now than last season by more than just one point if you view the bigger picture.

We are a club on the up and I truly believe that we'll be there or there abouts come May

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
And to think that if we had beaten the teams that have taken points from us that we really should have buried, where could we be right now?

I think we are better off now than last season by more than just one point if you view the bigger picture.

We are a club on the up and I truly believe that we'll be there or there abouts come May

I thought we would struggle this year having lost Gus. How wrong I was.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield

It's the same old story as last year, dropping silly points when we really should have won e.g. Hull on the first day, Bolton at home etc It does feel this year like we're more consistent though, I have high hopes for 2014. We need to improve our home form though.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The 2nd half of last season will be hard to replicate but not out of the question.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
All we lack is consistency.........

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Funny old game , blackpool are 3 points worse off than us and thier fans want Inces head on a platter, we are in a good position considering our early season injury problems , Garcia is to be applauded for his management of the youngsters coming through im in a contented happy place with the season thus far and hopefull of a pop at the playoffs .

blueandwhitestripes

Mar 18, 2008
Sussex
Funny to think that Middlesborough were 3rd at this point last season. Even funnier that they finished 16th.

And wolves were 3 points behind us and fell thru the trapdoor......what a great league it is!

pintsawhiskey

Apr 17, 2010
bn1
Were better equipped to compete in playoffs, as we have been beating the top teams as opposed to last year, and obviously when you get in the playoffs you must win the games

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
So who needs Gus? Not us it would seem. Good ol OG.

I think people are forgetting what a fantastic second half of the season we had last year. We didn't start that brilliantly - dominating games without winning them, mainly because we lacked a goalscorer. The signing of a certain man from Argentina in January changed all that.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Funny old game , blackpool are 3 points worse off than us and thier fans want Inces head on a platter.

I think Blackpool's fans are probably suffering delusions of grandeur in respect of their glorious past and recent flirtation with the premier league. Understandable I suppose although I don't think the majority of clubs in the country would consider them to be anything other than a small provincial club.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
A little more ruthless in front of goal especially at home we will be there or there abouts. Top 2 not out the question if we can find just a little more consistancy

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Personally I think January will be key if you consider any potential ins and outs. If we hold on to Bridders and get Conway and/or another loan, I think we can be confident of a big push.

Our away record this year seems really good

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here