Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blackpool vs Brighton and Hove Albion ***Official Match Thread***

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
First official thread for me but somebody had to do it.

One point from last two games but could easily have been six..four...three..or two...such is the Championship. A long haul and good luck to each and every travelling Seagull.
Can we turn it around and post another three points before two home games...we really are close to play off positions and with Leo back a real chance to cement at least a play off place.
My prediction....2-0 to the good guys.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Dumbass....Sunday kick off....

Blackpool defender Kirk Broadfoot starts a four-match suspension after being shown a straight red card during their 1-1 Boxing Day draw with Leeds.Ricardo Fuller and Isaiah Osbourne (both hamstring) are out, but Angel Martinez is set return to the squad.Brighton winger Kazenga LuaLua can return after being suspended for the 3-2 defeat at Charlton on Boxing Day.Defender Bruno will be assessed, while goalkeeper Tomasz Kuszczak is fit after recovering from a stomach injury.

MATCH FACTS

Head To Head• Brighton won 6-1 the last time these teams met, in a Championship fixture at the Amex in April. At Bloomfield Road last season, the teams drew 1-1. Ashley Barnes scored in both fixtures for Brighton last season including two at the Amex.• Brighton's last win at Blackpool was in September 2000, since when they have made five visits, drawing three times and losing twice.• This is the 27th meeting between the teams, all of which have been league games. They have each won nine times and there have been eight draws.Blackpool• Blackpool drew 1-1 with Leeds on Boxing Day to end a run of four consecutive defeats.• Their current run of five matches without a win is the joint-longest current winless run in the Championship - a record they share with Doncaster.• Blackpool have won just one of their last five matches played at Bloomfield Road. Their only victory at home since 19 October was a 2-0 win against Sheffield Wednesday.Brighton & Hove Albion• Brighton's 3-2 defeat at Charlton on Boxing Day was only their second defeat in their last eleven matches.• Oscar Garcia's side have collected exactly half (16) of their 32 points so far this season away from home.• Brighton have lost three of the 11 matches played away from the Amex this season.

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
A whole day early? Not good news at all; repeat of the 6-1 thrashing but to the guys in orange...

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Holds hands up...easy mistake to make when not of this planet. ..for the hard of hearing I've put in the bits ane bobs to make the following readable:

Dumbass....Sunday kick off....

Blackpool defender Kirk Broadfoot starts a four-match suspension after being shown a straight red card during their 1-1 Boxing Day draw with Leeds.Ricardo Fuller and Isaiah Osbourne (both hamstring) are out, but Angel Martinez is set return to the squads.
Brighton winger Kazenga LuaLua can return after being suspended for the 3-2 defeat at Charlton on Boxing Day.Defender Bruno will be assessed, while goalkeeper Tomasz Kuszczak is fit after recovering from a stomach injury.

MATCH FACTS
Head To Head
• Brighton won 6-1 the last time these teams met, in a Championship fixture at the Amex in April. At Bloomfield Road last season, the teams drew 1-1. Ashley Barnes scored in both fixtures for Brighton last season including two at the Amex.
• Brighton's last win at Blackpool was in September 2000, since when they have made five visits, drawing three times and losing twice.
• This is the 27th meeting between the teams, all of which have been league games. They have each won nine times and there have been eight draws.Blackpool
• Blackpool drew 1-1 with Leeds on Boxing Day to end a run of four consecutive defeats.
• Their current run of five matches without a win is the joint-longest current winless run in the Championship - a record they share with Doncaster.
• Blackpool have won just one of their last five matches played at Bloomfield Road. Their only victory at home since 19 October was a 2-0 win against Sheffield Wednesday.Brighton & Hove Albion
• Brighton's 3-2 defeat at Charlton on Boxing Day was only their second defeat in their last eleven matches.
• Oscar Garcia's side have collected exactly half (16) of their 32 points so far this season away from homeless.
• Brighton have lost three of the 11 matches played away from the Amex this season.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
weir ****ed

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Aww come on where's your sense of adventure o cat stroking one...

it was done tongue in cheek
I have always said the result is down to those on the pitch and not what written on here
1-0 to the good guys it is then :angel:

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
it was done tongue in cheek
I have always said the result is down to those on the pitch and not what written on here
1-0 to the good guys it is then :angel:
I know it's a wind up but I genuinely didn't realise it was a Sunday ko...no probs...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here