• We will not be in the mix for the playoffs

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Other

Votes: 5 5.4%

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I know we've had a few of these but how do you feel about our chances as we run into the Christmas fixture list?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I think we should take one game at a time like the Oscar says and wait until CMS & The boy wonder are back, it will be interesting to see if Oscar makes a move for anyone in the January window that would maybe indicate that we are making a push for the play offs or a year of transition.

Having said that and to answer your question they are all well within our capability of winning, but it never works like that look at the Barnsley result.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I know it won't happen, but the next 5 games are all fixtures that we'll be disappointed not win. Hopefully we can get 9-10 points, which should be enough to put us in the top 6.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
As well as we have done so far this season, I'm not sure I'm ready to confidently state that we'll make the playoffs. I think it depends on whether we can get a good remainder of the season out of our injured players giving Oscar the chance to really discover what his best team is. Having said that we are in a good position at the moment and are proving very resilient, if we can turn in a few more leicester-like performances then I may begin to believe in the playoffs.

The Maharajah of Sydney

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney .
I think come March the rest of this division will be looking at the back of our studs as we waltz away with this fickle league .
The 3 wins before the Barnsley rubbish were systematic of this Division - nothing outstanding but getting the breaks against plugging along teams .
Our top boys are close to return and if the team & Oscar gel , well , I haven't seen anyone out there to worry us - have you ??
And I'll throw this into the mix for next season ..
Tony to go massively "All In " in our 1st year in the Premier - he knows it'll be our only chance of ever winning the bloody thing !!!!

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Just outside the play offs this season sadly.

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
I think we should take one game at a time like the Oscar says and wait until CMS & The boy wonder are back, it will be interesting to see if Oscar makes a move for anyone in the January window that would maybe indicate that we are making a push for the play offs or a year of transition.

Having said that and to answer your question they are all well within our capability of winning, but it never works like that look at the Barnsley result.

I think the recent run of form and league position might encourage Tony to invest just a little. I get the impression they started this season a little unsure how it would turn out and December is a great barometer so I wonder if they might grab a player. Where on the pitch I dont know but the 'ok lets go for this' thinking might be in the boardroom.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Champions

Player:
La Liga: 1992–93, 1993–94, 1997–98, 1998–99

Coach: 2010-Present
Juvenile Under 19s - The treble 2010-2011 (only the 2nd time ever)
Juvenile Under 19s - Runner up 2011-12 (a terrible year)
Israeli Premier League: 2012–13 (first title for 9 years)
Sky Bet Championship: 2013-2014?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Have a feeling we will sneak in to the play-offs at the death if only because I had planned to take a month out in the south of France in May - sod's law says play-offs and holiday postponed :lolol:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
so with five easy fixtures in a row next up we need to make sure that we reach 41 points from 25 by mid-January. If we do that we will be right on track.
I have to agree that the number of points we take in the next 5 matches will give us a good indication of whether or not we are up to competing for a top 2 spot.

We are 9 adrift now, but 11 or 12 points from these games would probably leave us about 5 points off 2nd by mid January:

Brighton V Huddersfield
Charlton V Brighton
Blackpool V Brighton
Brighton V Bournemouth
Brighton V Birmingham

But then straight after that, we have Derby, Leeds and Burnley. :ohmy:

Mind you, I wrote off our chances of the play-offs only about 6 weeks ago, so what do I know? :shrug:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Still top two for me. I think when we are able to put something resembling our best eleven on the pitch we will beat any other team in this league. It's also a division without any particularly strong teams, as proved by the fact a bunch of hoofball merchants like Leicester are so close to the top. Obviously the injuries and the disruption of changing the manager have held us back this season so far, to the point where we've basically conceded a 9 point headstart to the current top three, but I'm confident we will make that up. However, our points per game rate will need to edge upwards fairly soon just so that we don't leave ourselves too much to do at the end of the season. We currently have 31 from 20 games, so with five easy fixtures in a row next up we need to make sure that we reach 41 points from 25 by mid-January. If we do that we will be right on track.

Err schoolboy error there CB. This division is nuts results wise. I will be genuinely staggered if we pick up max points from the next 5, or are not really disappointed with at least one of the results. Throw into the mix crazy festive results that happen every year and I am quite nervous about these 5 games, which we all have such high hopes for.

Personally I think that we will just sneak into the playoffs, after that anything is possible.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
Err schoolboy error there CB. This division is nuts results wise. I will be genuinely staggered if we pick up max points from the next 5, or are not really disappointed with at least one of the results. Throw into the mix crazy festive results that happen every year and I am quite nervous about these 5 games, which we all have such high hopes for.

Personally I think that we will just sneak into the playoffs, after that anything is possible.

Lazy posting I know, but I agree with this 100%

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom

I agree with this, it will be very interesting to see if we try and bring anyone in over and above Conway, if we do then I think you can assume that we feel within the club that the play offs are possible...

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I know it's a big ask, but I genuinely can see us sneaking into the top 2 with a last match win at Forest, and other results going our way.

What a day that will be.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here