Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] The Live Music thread

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Kate Nash on Monday was absolutely brilliant by the way. So good to see her back, happy and healthy. Life affirming stuff. Wonderful.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I was also there - a big pillar in my way which I had to look around. They were really powerful, especially considering the quite reserved nature of the assembled masses.

It was a pleasure after the experience of The Great Escape where background chatter is the norm to be amongst a totally silent audience

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Saw Porridge Radio play an instore last night. In fact I saw very little of them as ended up stuck at the back of Resident and no room to move. Great sound considering the location and they played for almost an hour. It was great hearing latest album tracks and a few from the last album. If anyone is thinking about seeing them then they are playing in Hove early November.
Next up for me- Parquet Courts

Parquet Courts are my favourite band by far, seeing them twice, once at Primavera next week then at O2 academy in London, they are a very good live band. Looking forward to seeing Porridge Radio in Barcelona next week, glad they don't clash with anyone.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Church of the Cosmic Skull, Northumbria uni (legendary Reds bar.)

Brilliant, brilliant band.

A Kansas for the new age. Significantly awesome and I wasn’t even drinking.

Loved it.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Parquet Courts are my favourite band by far, seeing them twice, once at Primavera next week then at O2 academy in London, they are a very good live band. Looking forward to seeing Porridge Radio in Barcelona next week, glad they don't clash with anyone.

One of the best ever songs as well, it must be your anthym...sweepers...strikers...its going to be a great gig

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP9l9HBJ1o0

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Would have loved to go to the Jordan Memorial Gig but missed out on tickets. Line up is very strong.

morematey

Jun 28, 2017
Fontaines DC were superb - they really have been on fire since gigs returned last summer. They’ve developed so much since 2019 (when they were still decent). Part of me was sad at the end knowing that was surely the last time they play a gig in Brighton that isn’t at the Centre. It’s never as much fun when bands get to that scale.

Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
3 top gigs all clashing tonight,

Jordan memorial gig at Concorde

Fontaines D.C at Chalk

However for me it has to be

David Devant and His Spirit Wife at the Hope and Ruin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93IjasLC2Ho

Was there and they were brilliant...

Can't believe it's over 1/4 of a century since I saw them at the Essential Festival at Stanmer Park...

Really like the support, Micko and the Mellotronics...Well worth checking out

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Was there and they were brilliant...

Can't believe it's over 1/4 of a century since I saw them at the Essential Festival at Stanmer Park...

Really like the support, Micko and the Mellotronics...Well worth checking out

They were Fantastic as always, they have two more gigs this winter at the Water Rats and 100 club I think. Really good set and the Vessel was in the zone I thought. Yes the support with Heidi Heelz on bass were very good.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I know there’s a few Rammstein fans on this site; just want to say that I was 10 miles away in Ostkreuz tonight and I could see their pyro. Respect.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here