Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NBA anyone?

PoG

Oct 29, 2013
I see an NFL thread but none for the NBA. Does anyone follow the NBA?

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
I started following the Knicks after all the Jeremy Lin hoopla – another one of those New York sports teams who are currently underperforming; Giants, Jets, Mets, Yankees and Rangers – the list just goes on and on. Then there’s the Brooklyn Nets, who just keep changing their name – New York Nets, New Jersey Nets…….

PoG

Oct 29, 2013
I started following the Knicks after all the Jeremy Lin hoopla – another one of those New York sports teams who are currently underperforming; Giants, Jets, Mets, Yankees and Rangers – the list just goes on and on. Then there’s the Brooklyn Nets, who just keep changing their name – New York Nets, New Jersey Nets…….

Ha I support the Nets, they have been massively under performing this season. I was hoping they'd easily make the playoffs considering last seasons last push performance and the massive trade they made this year. Tyrone I blame the oldies traded from your Celtics :wink:

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
I love the NBA. Another Knicks fan.... They are the ultimate under performing NY team in all sports. I first started following them when Big Patrick Ewing was the star man. Unfortunately at the same time as Jordan and Pippen ruled the roost at the Bulls. I wait in hope of the World Champs plying their trade at the Garden, but it won't be this year.

Will the Heat Triumph for a third year, or will the up and coming Pacers be to strong. Or someone from the West, What does everyone think?

PoG

Oct 29, 2013
Will the Heat Triumph for a third year, or will the up and coming Pacers be to strong. Or someone from the West, What does everyone think?

Not wrong about the Knicks! I reckon the Pacers will triumph, the Blazers are also very strong at the moment but not sure if they have what it takes to win this season.

PoG

Oct 29, 2013
I'd blame Billy King. Don't rate him as a GM at all. Appointing Kidd to coach that team is an awful decision.

Yeah I don't know why they sacked PJ Carlesimo last season, let alone replace him with Kidd.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Due to my love of Washington DC sportstalk radio, I'm kind of a Wizards fan.
Although, unsurprisingly, The Wiz aren't getting much of a look in at the moment, what with The 'Skins implosion.

Gooooo Packers, it's complicated!!

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove

Hows that going for the Nets, are they getting much support from within the City? I imagine its still very pro Knicks.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Hows that going for the Nets, are they getting much support from within the City? I imagine its still very pro Knicks.

Support wise they're doing OK. It helps that they play at the new Barclays Center in Brooklyn which is easy to get to, Madison Square Gardens can be a pain getting in and out of sometimes . The get quite a bit of support from Brooklyn.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
I love basketball... I used to play for the Brighton Cougars yeeeears ago, and spend all summer down the Hove Park courts back in the day.

Im glad BT Sports have picked up the NBA. I lost touch with the sport over the years, I would prefer to watch the NCAA these days.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
College basketball is far more entertaining

followed NBA in early-mid 90s (a classic era it seems looking back) but lost touch since. Nice having BT Sport so can follow again.
Celtics for me too.

Re NCAA, watched a cracker between North Carolina and Kentucky last night. Great atmosphere too.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
College basketball is far more entertaining

I guess its because they are playing for their future and potential multi million $ contracts...

followed NBA in early-mid 90s (a classic era it seems looking back) but lost touch since. Nice having BT Sport so can follow again.
Celtics for me too.

Re NCAA, watched a cracker between North Carolina and Kentucky last night. Great atmosphere too.

This. I still got all my 90s NBA VHS, jerseys and magazines haha

Did anymore watch the ESPN 30 for 30 documentaries??? The Len Bias and Benji Wilson stories where well sad :down:

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Bobcats fan since their inception..... now they're changing to Hornets (who I used to hate with a passion) I'm in a bit of a quandry as to what to do

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here