Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

AVB sacked

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
not really. assistant to mourinho, one of the greatest managers, who obviously saw something in him, as did bobby robson - i think these guys know more about the abilities of a manager compared to somebody off a footy forum

he was a manager at one of the low-end portugese teams, and got them out of the relegation zone and made the semis of the cup - he then smashed it with porto (albeit with a quality team, but dont forget he brought a lot of that quality into the club when he was there)

yes, he's not done well at any of the english clubs he's been at, but hes not the first and he wont be the last. hes done a hell of a lot better than some other players who go on to be managers, and im sure he will be a success somewhere else

Yes really. Mourinho wouldn't even promote him to his assistant hence they fell out. Robson only used him as a tactical analyser of other teams. That is a HUGE difference being part of the back room staff, to managing a football team.

You are dead right, he managed a fantastic Porto side and had 1 full season as a manager before getting the Chelsea job. Just 1.

I don't see as you can say he's a hell of a lot better than other managers, how many other managers have the talent of the Chelsea and Spurs squad at their disposal when they start their careers?

He should have stayed with Porto, got 5 years with them under his belt, instead, at 34 he chased the money and the glory and his career is now in tatters. I wouldn't touch him with a barge pole.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Garcia is becoming more and more long serving by the day.

dragonred

Aug 8, 2011
Hove
I don't mind AVB but clearly he's being found out as not good enough again at the top end of the Premiership. I can see him doing well somewhere like West Brom or a Fulham where much less expectations and player egos a little less dominant, or in a foreign league but he's had 2 goes at the top of the premiership and simply doesn't seem able to manage the players, the owners or the tactics needed to succeed. As for Spurs, not sure where they think they'll find a decent manager at the moment so that's them all but written off any Champions League hopes for this year already!

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
He wasn't all to blame, spurs have been a one man team, no Bale no spurs

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Soldado looks no better than Defoe. A disaster signing considering how much they've been needing a 20 goal striker.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
How can you tell, they can't get the ball to him.

Whenever Soldado does get a chance, he goes for the whack rather than placing his shots. Very similar to Defoe. No composure.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
He was certainly unlucky with injuries to key defenders like Vertonghen, Chiriches and Kaboul, but even allowing for that the side are playing like total strangers.

In theory, Christian Eriksen should be pulling the strings, Holtby should be Spurs equivalent of Paul Scholes, while Lamela should have been an upgrade on Lennon. You'd expect those three to be playing instead of Chadli, Lennon and Dembele. I believe Spurs have good players but AVB couldn't find a system.

This is a dream job. They just need to find a manager with the guts to unleash the quality players they have. I totally believe Levy has done the right thing, you could tell Spurs were going to lose ugly after just 10 minutes of yesterday's match, and although people go on about the City 6-0 it's matches like the West Ham home defeat that are the real killers.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here