Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Send Lita back

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
We don't see what he does in training. He may be the laziest player ever.

Also, to be fair when you are on a 5 match unbeaten run which we were prior to Tuesday night, you are not so likely to drop your main striker.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab

Also, to be fair when you are on a 5 match unbeaten run which we were prior to Tuesday night, you are not so likely to drop your main striker.

Far to sensible for this forum.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
Far to sensible for this forum.

I'll try again.

BARNDOOR Barnes is keeping him out as he is the LOVECHILD of Oscar and Kerry Mayo despite the fact he can't RUN, can't PASS, can't FINISH and talks like a YOKEL.

BARBER OUT!

Is that better?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Yes, but Oscar didn't have to drop Barnes to play Lita. He could also have given Lita more playing time from the bench. Oscar has not really given Lita a reasonable chance to shine.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
Yes, but Oscar didn't have to drop Barnes to play Lita. He could also have given Lita more playing time from the bench. Oscar has not really given Lita a reasonable chance to shine.

That's a fair point I guess. But I'm sure Oscar would rather play his own players wherever possible instead of a loan signing. People may say it was a pointless signing but if the club had signed no-one and Barnes had got injured/suspended I'm sure the same people would be criticising that decision!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Tuesday night was screaming out for Lita up top with Barnes. Instead a midfielder comes on for a midfielder, and a striker comes on for a striker. Bizarre. I was at a loss as to why we didn't at least try to go all out attack.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
That's a fair point I guess. But I'm sure Oscar would rather play his own players wherever possible instead of a loan signing. People may say it was a pointless signing but if the club had signed no-one and Barnes had got injured/suspended I'm sure the same people would be criticising that decision!

TBH, I still think he would score more than the mighty Barnes if given the chance. His track record says he would. Sadly, that's all we've got to go on.

5Ways Gull

È quello che è
Feb 2, 2009
Fiveways, Brighton

Agree 100% - and to counter the "why waste the wages" argument, Barnes was the only other striker - if he'd got injured or suspended at any point Lita would have got game time I am sure - he just didn't.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Tuesday night was screaming out for Lita up top with Barnes. Instead a midfielder comes on for a midfielder, and a striker comes on for a striker. Bizarre. I was at a loss as to why we didn't at least try to go all out attack.

Me too. What happened to Oscar's 'attack, attack, attack' philosophy, in the easiest game of the season as well!?

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
Me too. What happened to Oscar's 'attack, attack, attack' philosophy, in the easiest game of the season as well!?

There are no easy games in this league sadly!

It may be that Oscar has tried Barnes and Lita together in training but it simply hasn't worked.

I'm just playing devil's advocate though, there is a reason Oscar is paid to make these decisions. We might not agree with all of them but that is one of the joys of being a football supporter!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

It may be that Oscar has tried Barnes and Lita together in training but it simply hasn't worked.

I'm just playing devil's advocate though, there is a reason Oscar is paid to make these decisions. We might not agree with all of them but that is one of the joys of being a football supporter!

I said easiest, not easy. My point is that we were 2-0 down to the bottom side at home, and Oscar still decided to avoid playing one striker off of another one. What he did do didn't work. We lost. He got it wrong.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
:facepalm:

Wow. The last two and a bit seasons in this division have passed you by, haven't they?

You, my friend, or an idiot. Learn to read before responding.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove

:facepalm:

Wow. The last two and a bit seasons in this division have passed you by, haven't they?

To be honest, I'd normally agree, but that should have been a straightforward win. They were a poor side who we allowed to grow in confidence through an absolutely abject display.

Credit to how they took advantage of how poor we were, but there is no hiding from the fact that if you want to finish top 6, those types of games really have to be 3 points at home.

Last edited:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
To be honest, I'd normally agree, but that should have been a straightforward win. They were a poor side who we allowed to grow in confidence through an absolutely abject display.

Credit to how they took advantage of our poor we were, but there is no hiding from the fact that if you want to finish top 6, those types of games really have to be 3 points at home.

Spot on. TLO - your thoughts? Still living with a small-club mentality, or is there another reason for your stupidity?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Its the same old thing now the players have to impress the new manager coming in so they decide to start playing, Us and the Foxes got well and truly sucker punched.

Last edited:

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
How do you know he hasn't? Are you present at training sessions? Lita needs to earn his place in the team.

So we can't comment on any selection decisions etc. because we as fans are not at training? Are you being serious? B.W. is right as far as a lot of the paying public is concerned, you know, the 20 odd thousand of us that pay through the nose to watch our team - and you're saying we can't make an observation on player selection because we don't watch training sessions!?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here