Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Colin Kazim-Richards to face trial over homophobic gesture

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
11:02am

Prosecutor Simon Allen claims Colin Kazim-Richards made a gesture after receiving abuse from home fans.

He said there were chants of "you fat *******" and "you're fat and you know you are".

Colin Kazim-Richards pretended to pull his shorts down and made a gesture denoting ************ towards his backside, Mr Allen said.

11:03am

Chris Cannon, Albion press steward, told the court he saw the former Albion player Kazim-Richards make the gesture twice towards the fans.

He said he perceived it to be a homophobic gesture aimed at the Albion fans.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
11:38am

Mr Hastings said Kazim-Richards seemed to be getting frustrated with how the game was progressing. He added he couldn't recall any abuse from the fans to Kazim-Richards.

11:24am

He added that Colin Kazim-Richards backed into Brighton player Warne Bridge and made another obscene gesture.

11:24am

He said the player pretended to put something up his backside four or five times.

11:16am

Darren Hastings, season ticket holder of five years, told the court he was "utterly disgusted" by an "obscene" gesture made by Colin Kazim-Richards.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
I think CKR may be in trouble for a bit of perjury here.....

12:21pm

Asked if he was getting frustrated at the game, Kazim-Richards said: "I was having a good game and we were winning so don't know how it would bother me. "

Not if I remember rightly.

Break for lunch then verdict this afternoon.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I think CKR may be in trouble for a bit of perjury here.....

12:21pm

Asked if he was getting frustrated at the game, Kazim-Richards said: "I was having a good game and we were winning so don't know how it would bother me. "

Not if I remember rightly.

Break for lunch then verdict this afternoon.

Ha ha!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
images

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
There's a service till just over the road in St James's Street. If he tells the court to hold on I'm sure he can settle it today. That's small change to him.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Good stuff. What a prat.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Kazim-Richards has been fined £750 plus a £75 victim surcharge and £620 costs.

Ridiculous!!!!

Well the book was well and truly thrown at him. What sort of a detterent is a fine of £750 to someone who earns thousands per week.

Not a good advertisment for the kick it out campaings either.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
£1,445. More than I expected. Serves him right.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here