Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

These Nigerian? frauds have started again

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
Just received the following email. I thought this rubbish had stopped. I'm sure some poor soul will be sucked into it.... is there no way of preventing it at source or prosecuting them?

Greetings to you and sorry if this message came to you as a surprise, My name is Mrs Nora Mbabazi, a widow I found your email address through my husband internet dater late Mr Ruben Mbabazi

I am presently admitted at the hospital suffering from a blood cancer and Parkinson diseases. I have some funds at bank inherited from my late husband account the amount of $3,500.000. (Three Million Five Hundred Thousand US Dollars) I wish to know if I can trust you to use the funds for charity project and %20 will go to you as compensation, Kindly get back to me so that I will give you more details, waiting for your urgent response.

Yours in Christ,
Mrs.Nora Mbabazi.

Dandyman

In London village.
Nigerians using Ugandan surnames ? Not just fraud, stupidity as well.

The Legend that IS Lawro

It's 'canard' Del
May 8, 2013
Burgess Hill
Just received the following email. I thought this rubbish had stopped. I'm sure some poor soul will be sucked into it.... is there no way of preventing it at source or prosecuting them?

Greetings to you and sorry if this message came to you as a surprise, My name is Mrs Nora Mbabazi, a widow I found your email address through my husband internet dater late Mr Ruben Mbabazi

I am presently admitted at the hospital suffering from a blood cancer and Parkinson diseases. I have some funds at bank inherited from my late husband account the amount of $3,500.000. (Three Million Five Hundred Thousand US Dollars) I wish to know if I can trust you to use the funds for charity project and %20 will go to you as compensation, Kindly get back to me so that I will give you more details, waiting for your urgent response.

Yours in Christ,
Mrs.Nora Mbabazi.

Looks reasonable enough request to me, do you have the email address since I feel I might be able to help them out of this unfortunate situation.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
A fool and their money

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
If you were Nigerian and genuinely had £3.5 you'd be ****ed; no one would trust you.

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
She types well for someone with Parkinsons. I say give her the money.

Blimey, just re-read it and she's got more than one of Parkinson's diseases. Come on lads, this brave soul deserves a whip round.

Last edited:

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer

Yours in Christ,
Mrs.Nora Mbabazi.

Dear Nora, firstly just to say how sorry I am to hear of Rubens passing, he was a wonderful man. I guess he may have told you that he invested $2,000,000 dollars in our joint business venture.
I have been trying to contact him for some time, of course I realise now why that had not been possible. I am desperately trying to repay that investment and would be grateful if you forward me your bank details so I can do so.
Best regards

P Inokio. Mr

That should do the trick :lolol:

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
UK spam filters are obviously a lot better than ours - I win the Yahoo, UK, Microsoft and Euro Lotteries at least once a week and get maybe 10 of these types of email a week, the favourite at the moment are attachments to emails from the "United Nations".

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I vaguely remember a news story involving an accountant in Newhaven who blew his firm's client account on one of these.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
I've been receiving email from blonde Americans that are currently living in Nigeria. They all look like models....hmmmm....

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Be careful. I had an email from "Nationwide" saying I am a valued customer. As I am not a Nationwide customer and anticipated someone requesting some bank details, just deleted before reading full email.

Noldi

Sep 5, 2010
Horsham
Best one I ever heard was the guy who played these scammers along with a story about his neighbour had a zoo and wanted a lion and other animals instead of the money. Can't find a link to it at the moment but must dig it out.

Noldi

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here