Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bournemouth have the best fans in the championship a poll says

Of course Bournemouth have the best fans in the Championship - their name immediately popped into my mind when I considered the question.

superbhafc

Banned
Jul 29, 2013
Of course Bournemouth have the best fans in the Championship - their name immediately popped into my mind when I considered the question.

Mr major sorry but your opinions don’t count. We don’t listen to 40 year old virgins. Sorry, but Know this Jesus still loves you, But even he must find you incredibly boring. !!! Yay attendances !!!

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Lived there for five years and went to dean court a reasonable amount. Atmosphere was nothing special or anything terrible. Run of the mill. The ground is ok for the size.

el punal

If frothing at the mouth and going puce is the qualification, then definitely!

Back in 2003 I went to the Albion away match at Dean Court and sat in the "home" stand. Four Bournemouth fans in front of me were apoplectic at every decision that went against them.

I feared for their health, I really did. :whistle:

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
Been privy to some very smug bournemouth fans living in the area. Been to quite a few games before but I can't really say the atmosphere has been anything special. Granted this was before they came into all that money

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
In all honesty they are a bit off our radar, although I'm sure things will hot up a bit when we get nearer to our games. They will probably regard us as a bit of a derby game? I don't actually know a single Bournemouth supporter, but I'm sure that they exist.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Sheffield Wednesday for me.
Always vocal, and support their team in numbers, even when the team seasonally underperform.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
This is being treated as a wind up on our board anyway...surely this would be done at the end of the season...and god knows what its based on either.

Not the most passionate, away following OK, nothing special. Home attendances chronic for size of area...generally good eggs tho :)

Interesting that you say home attendances 'are chronic for size of area'. There was a Bournemouth fan getting a bit carried away pre-season on another football forum claiming they had more support than Brighton but because of their small ground their attendances didn't reflect it. OK its fair to say we struggled at Withdean and now have very decent crowds at The Amex but if they suddenly found themselves with a 30k stadium would AFCB really match our average home attendances of 26k and occasionally fill it?

Their man claimed that because we have added 'Hove' to our Club name 'Brighton' (his words not mine) they should include Poole into their immediate catchment area. Last time I looked we have been called Brighton and Hove Albion for many years, and we are the City of Brighton and Hove so it does exactly what it says on the tin.

Whereas I don't recall them being 'Bournemouth and Poole FC'. In fact didn't they rebrand themselves away from 'Bournemouth and Boscombe' a while back, shouldn't that be more accurate? Following his logic then we could be, for example, 'Brighton, Hove and Worthing Albion etc etc'. I suppose the name could go on from there to reflect the wider support we draw from across Sussex (and beyond). Certainly our long standing loyalty to having 'Good old Sussex by the Sea' as our anthem reflects that. We could have so easily abandoned that for a Fat Boy Slim tune for example, but GOSBTS is part of our DNA. long may it continue.

We can only speculate about what AFCB's attendances might be if they had an Amex. But in the meantime do their away attendances reflect they are the best fans in the Championship? It will be interesting to see if they even sell out the away area at The Amex?

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
In all honesty they are a bit off our radar, although I'm sure things will hot up a bit when we get nearer to our games. They will probably regard us as a bit of a derby game? I don't actually know a single Bournemouth supporter, but I'm sure that they exist.

I know one - Rockabilly Jerry Tosswell, aka "Tosser" - lovely guy and a Cherry through and through. Not very demonstrative though.

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
The last time they played us at home ( 1-1 Withdean dodgy penalty ) they bought 370 fans.
Going back a few years at the Withers they bought 210.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I know one - Rockabilly Jerry Tosswell, aka "Tosser" - lovely guy and a Cherry through and through. Not very demonstrative though.
Proof of their existence.

You don't really see Bournemouth fans around and about the place though. Makes you wonder if its a bit like the shop in The League of Gentlemen?

A local club for local people. We'll have no trouble here

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here