Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Coventry City v Bristol City

Expected attendance at Sixfields, Northampton ... about 2,000 (including away fans).

Attendance today at the Ricoh Arena (for a charity football match involving Coventry City legends) ... more than 6,000.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
That is very sad.

Why so few at Northampton? It's only 30 miles, and nothing like the tortuous journey we had to make to Priestfield.

Are they boycotting? If so, why? Surely leaving the Ricoh was the only way that they could, potentially, get rid of the albatross that is Sisu. I'd've thought there would have been a real siege mentality, and that loads would support the club.

Not that I've looked into this in depth.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
The big crowd currently at the Ricoh certainly haven't gone to Sixfields.

Which would suggest that they either don't care about the future of the club as it stands, or that they've given up. I was interested to know if there has been an 'organised' boycott of games at Sixfields.

The "home" end at Sixfields, just before kick-off.

BRZHvqxCYAA2WZq.jpg

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Which would suggest that they either don't care about the future of the club as it stands, or that they've given up. I was interested to know if there has been an 'organised' boycott of games at Sixfields.

There's a piece in today's Observer about this. I had a glance at it earlier and there is a boycott; whilst virtually all of the supporters are against the current two owners, boycotting Sixfields has created a split though.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
There's a piece in today's Observer about this. I had a glance at it earlier and there is a boycott; whilst virtually all of the supporters are against the current two owners, boycotting Sixfields has created a split though.

Cheers HT, I'll give that a read.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions