Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The 'Match Day Experience'

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton
The bloke next to me called a few hours before kick off and said he wasn't going to make it today!
Called a mate who had never been before and said he could use my mates ticket at a cost of £5 for the printing of the ticket only.
At this point imagine the excitement of my mate!
He drove to Woodingdean and parked up and we waited almost 30 mins for a bus before phoning a cab at 2:40 and only then...finally a bus turned up for the driver to start on about the fact buses were no longer free..... Despite the increase in ticket prices last season to cover bus travel...allegedly....and that we couldn't get a bus home as we had to pre-book and only 2 buses booked!
"What?????"
We arrived at 2:45 to find the queue for the ticket office off the scale and made it into the ground at 3:25...just great! Queue full of other season ticket holders whose new tickets didn't work!
Then having to explain that we had to go to the bars at around 10 mins before the end of the first half in order to get a drink as if we didn't we may not get a beer!!!
Then having to book a cab back to Woodingdean as per the Drivers instructions we couldn't get a bus back to Woodingdean after the game in order to get home!!

'Match Day Experience'............it's a fv#*ing shit experience.
No chance of my mate coming again now!

Thanks for nothing Barber!

ozseagull

Jun 27, 2013
How is any of that the clubs fault? It's not like they only announced today that the bus service has changed.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
It is a shocking experience and I feel sorry for you. I'm sure the club will too, they don't want to damage the brand.

But they really couldn't have done more to set expectations for travel, and for ticket collection. Fail to prepare...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
One day someone will come on here and take responsibility for their own actions.

Just not today.

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
I would have been very upset if i had decided to attend this afternoon,the past two seasons bus travel to the ground has been included in the price of the ticket,who is responsible for changing this arrangement, no wonder the attendance had dropped, after todays performance the club must re-instate the bus cost in the ticket, or face the consequences.

Tory Boy

Jun 14, 2004
Brighton
No way did you, or anyone else for that matter, get from Woodingdean to the ticket office in 5 minutes.

At that time it would have been 20-25 minutes minimum.

And what mythical bus is running that route?

TB

ozseagull

Jun 27, 2013
I would have been very upset if i had decided to attend this afternoon,the past two seasons bus travel to the ground has been included in the price of the ticket,who is responsible for changing this arrangement, no wonder the attendance had dropped, after todays performance the club must re-instate the bus cost in the ticket, or face the consequences.

Bus travel is still included!!!!! Just not the buses supplied by seagull travel. What is wrong with people!

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill

Free travel is not offered by any other clubs in the League and the club cannot afford to continue to pay for it. They have stated there are alternative free routes still available for all the areas the new Pay Service cover.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009

You are very illinformed.

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton
One day someone will come on here and take responsibility for their own actions.

Just not today.

Well too be fair.....I guess it was down to me about the bus travel....just don't recall being informed.

But you can't all be wrong so..my bad!

Taking that on the chin though....the inept preparation and service ticket wise I don't think I'm wrong in calling it into question. Quite frankly 15 mins is plenty of time to organise a ticket and all in all. It's still not a great experience!

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
Well too be fair.....I guess it was down to me about the bus travel....just don't recall being informed.

But you can't all be wrong so..my bad!

Taking that on the chin though....the inept preparation and service ticket wise I don't think I'm wrong in calling it into question. Quite frankly 15 mins is plenty of time to organise a ticket and all in all. It's still not a great experience!

Think some of that can be put down to this being the first home game of the actual season, as with the lack of food before kick off in the ESU, I will let them off as it was the first day open

getreal1

Aug 13, 2008
The bloke next to me called a few hours before kick off and said he wasn't going to make it today!
Called a mate who had never been before and said he could use my mates ticket at a cost of £5 for the printing of the ticket only.
At this point imagine the excitement of my mate!
He drove to Woodingdean and parked up and we waited almost 30 mins for a bus before phoning a cab at 2:40 and only then...finally a bus turned up for the driver to start on about the fact buses were no longer free..... Despite the increase in ticket prices last season to cover bus travel...allegedly....and that we couldn't get a bus home as we had to pre-book and only 2 buses booked!
"What?????"
We arrived at 2:45 to find the queue for the ticket office off the scale and made it into the ground at 3:25...just great! Queue full of other season ticket holders whose new tickets didn't work!
Then having to explain that we had to go to the bars at around 10 mins before the end of the first half in order to get a drink as if we didn't we may not get a beer!!!
Then having to book a cab back to Woodingdean as per the Drivers instructions we couldn't get a bus back to Woodingdean after the game in order to get home!!

'Match Day Experience'............it's a fv#*ing shit experience.
No chance of my mate coming again now!

Thanks for nothing Barber!

If your wife/boyfriend doesn't ejaculate during the act of copulation, I presume that is always entirely their fault? The bus changes were announced ages ago. Keep your eyes open. If you need a beer so much, get a counsellor. You'll miss less football. Start off earlier, there are always queues for tickets pre-match.

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton
If your wife/boyfriend doesn't ejaculate during the act of copulation, I presume that is always entirely their fault? The bus changes were announced ages ago. Keep your eyes open. If you need a beer so much, get a counsellor. You'll miss less football. Start off earlier, there are always queues for tickets pre-match.

Oh please, seriously mate. Like I said the Bus thing I have no excuse other than didn't read the email properly when I got it. But when you find a break in the weather up there on you're high horse..get over yourself! Today was the first time I've ever done the ticket collection/change thing and bringing a person whose never been!
But if you get past your own self importance you'll understand what I was trying to get across was that for 'someone new'....the 'Match Day Experience' wasn't good at all....regardless of what I didn't know!
And for the record....if you can take a joke.........Yes it is their fault if they don't cum!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Oh please, seriously mate. Like I said the Bus thing I have no excuse other than didn't read the email properly when I got it. But when you find a break in the weather up there on you're high horse..get over yourself! Today was the first time I've ever done the ticket collection/change thing and bringing a person whose never been!
But if you get past your own self importance you'll understand what I was trying to get across was that for 'someone new'....the 'Match Day Experience' wasn't good at all....regardless of what I didn't know!
And for the record....if you can take a joke.........Yes it is their fault if they don't cum!
I personally don't think the match day experience is good for anyone new.

My advise is always the same, judge it after 4 games.

You need time to get into how the stadium works and how you make it work for yourself.

Sadly though this does involve thinking and learning.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Mate of mine said that loads of people turned up for the special bus from Rottingdean, only to find it no longer exists. The Seagulls Travel one let them on as a one-off. But where have these people been hiding all summer? The club could hardly have publicised it much more and surely most people would check their travel plans anyway before the first game?

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton
Mate of mine said that loads of people turned up for the special bus from Rottingdean, only to find it no longer exists. The Seagulls Travel one let them on as a one-off. But where have these people been hiding all summer? The club could hardly have publicised it much more and surely most people would check their travel plans anyway before the first game?

My whole point is that.....without days of planning, you can't just wake up and decide to go and support your local side especially if you're new!
Also....my **** up about the travel......only!

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Surely you can walk from Woodingdean to Falmer...?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here