Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Equal Marriage

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
No like the good little poof I am, I will obey your stereo-type and stay at home making quiche and ordering pink curtains.

I am deeply sorry for appearing on a football forum too. Doubtless that will confuse you as I am not supposed to like sport. I can assure you that I am here because I love the game, and not to solicit young men.

Is it the fit players and their legs on show that gets your interest?

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Today the Queen has granted Royal Assent and signed the Equal Marriage Bill into law, so now homosexual couples can legally have weddings rather than civil partnerships, with all the legal rights thereof.

Of course no institution will be forced to perform homosexual weddings, and quite rightly so, but they will now be fully and legally available for those groups and individuals who do wish to have them.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Sorry in advance but what are the legal differences between a civil partnership and a marriage? I always thought that both were the same legally...

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I believe there's slightly more legal and tax equality...?

given all the fuss, you'd think so... but no. apparently the only difference is you cant have any religious ceremony at a civil partnership and partners of Peers and Knights dont receive a courtesy title. all the tax and other legal terms are the same. so basically its the spelling and a sop to the religious lobby.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Things like married person allowances do not extend to civil partnerships, inheritance and other legal matters are not the same

I did not know this, I thought inheritance and such were equal for civil partnerships and marriages

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Actually, I'm attracted to inane, asinine, puerile attention seekers with brains the size of a pea.... how about it sexy.... ?

Don't think much of yours.

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
...dupe

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
I did not know this, I thought inheritance and such were equal for civil partnerships and marriages

they do, civil partnerships have the same tax benefits. not sure what martyn20 is refering too in last msg.

mattpenfold

Sep 17, 2011
Oh right zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

So now this Government can get on with something important from their Manifesto, rather than try to act all PC.

What ever next?

What an odd attitude to have towards human rights.

And the current Government never produced a manifesto, since it is Coalition. Same sex marriage was in the coalition agreement.

Care to you explain why you said something so stupid, or shall we save time ?

mattpenfold

Sep 17, 2011
In terms of how same-sex marriage and civil partnerships work in the UK, there is not much difference legally. Still talking from a legal perspective, the main difference comes it that marriage being recognised abroad. A number of countries, mostly in the EU, did not recognise civil partnerships as being marriage. As a result, same-sex couple in a civil partnership moving abroad could find their partnership not being legally recognised, despite the country they moved to either allowing same-sex marriage in that country, or at least recognising the legality of such marriages conducted elsewhere.

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
still don't quite get the difference between this and civil partnerships (apart from the wording) but fair play...no harm done

The wording is also important - there's now no need to declare your sexuality on a form when asked about your marital status.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here