Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

From Spain... Carles Planas

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Maybe brighton took an 8million hit last year because they knew they wouldn't have the luxury this year and with a fantatsic nucleus they wouldn't need too many additions. I think the days of big transfers will begin to dwindle as many teams with highly paid players will be desperate to get rid at any cost.

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
I've got a lot of doubts about Planas coming. Maybe a year ago. But he broke into the first eleven last year and signed a long term contract in January. I think the journo may have taken a look at what we are looking for and made an assumption.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Maybe brighton took an 8million hit last year because they knew they wouldn't have the luxury this year and with a fantatsic nucleus they wouldn't need too many additions. I think the days of big transfers will begin to dwindle as many teams with highly paid players will be desperate to get rid at any cost.

Like Aston Villa. Even with their Premier League money, they are looking to offload Stephen Ireland, Shay Given and Darren Bent. Massively overpaid players on big contracts. The whole culture of football needs to change and the abhorrent wasting of money needs to stop. Full stop.

Oh wait, that's the child abuse slogan. Ah well, the point stands.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Given that the club would never disclose the budget for transfers etc. I assume the 5 million euro is a guesstimate.

However, that seems higher than I though would be the case. I am trying to work out how much was spent last year, which was before FFP and we made a £10 million loss. (I admit that not all the £10m was transfers but still.)

Leo Ulloa - £2million?
Orlandi - free?
Dobbie - 300k
Bruno - free
Kusczack - free
David Lopez - free

Sure I have missed someone.
Perhaps we spent more of the budget on wages last year, Include the loans of Upson, Bridge and Hammond.

Still seems like a large budget considering we would only need 2 or 3 players to achieve similar as last year.

I'm not sure that Lopez was free as he was with his old club until August last year. He terminated his contract by mutual consent but we may have paid something towards that, if not, then a signing on fee.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here