May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
It isn't paid.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Not for the first time. The Club apparently want to take full control of AITC.

TBH that's no great surprise, is it? AITC are a very visible and active link with the city and county, and much as I appreciate everything Dick Knight has done for the club... might it not also benefit from a younger, more dynamic leader?

TBH i spent a day up at the Amex last year with a whole year 10 group of students who were doing an employment/team building day which was run by AITC and it was very poor, very little organisation, empty promises of meeting the players and tours. I do appreciate that they do an amazing job within the community but maybe they might need some more professionals running certain areas and tbh Dick is getting on!!!!!

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Did he ask which of the three it was? All three sounds unlikely. And he's not stupid.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Dick is not the only victim - TB can be a ruthless man, it is a disgrace what has happened to AITC.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
It certainly wasn't about cost cutting when they first tried to edge Dick out. It was about control.

To clarify - assuming this latest rumour is true, do you think the club want control of AITC so they can cut costs?

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
TBH i spent a day up at the Amex last year with a whole year 10 group of students who were doing an employment/team building day which was run by AITC and it was very poor, very little organisation, empty promises of meeting the players and tours. I do appreciate that they do an amazing job within the community but maybe they might need some more professionals running certain areas and tbh Dick is getting on!!!!!

Presumably Dick Knight's role at AITC is as an unpaid trustee, rather than taking a direct lead in planning in volunteers' itineraries!

I'd imagine this is down to control. AITC is using the Albion 'brand' and that brand identity is going to become more important to the club as it plans to establish itself as a top flight club in the next few years. The Brighton hierarchy probably want to take more control over what it is doing so that they are consistent with their own objectives/mission and all those other usual corporate business plan words.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Just heard that Dick Knight, Albion Legend, has been "asked, forced, pressured" into leaving his role within the AITC!

That would back up my conversation with him on the seafront a couple of weeks ago.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The way I understand it is he was asked, pressured and then FORCED

From what I gather he was pretty dictatorial and forceful about having his own way when he was in overall charge here so I guess what comes around goes around?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Much like when Junior did a years apprentice with them

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here