Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bassline

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
just had a quick listen , pretty impressive stuff , especially your lines on passing by , and all our lives :thumbsup:

what happened to the band ? i just play in a pub cover band , nothing serious but fun ,mainly 80's

Cheers mate, always good to get feedback!

I think the band is still going actually. I decided to leave as I wasn't enjoying it 100% any more, started turning into a chore rather than a hobby.

Your band play around Brighton? Any shows coming up?

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Stranglers - 'Nice & Sleazy'
Clash - 'Guns of Brixton'

Nice n Sleazy has a great bassline , JJ stamped all over it.
Another great player is Derek Forbes from Simple Minds. A great example of his playing is "Theme for great cities"

chocolate log

May 18, 2013
Willingdon
Cheers mate, always good to get feedback!

I think the band is still going actually. I decided to leave as I wasn't enjoying it 100% any more, started turning into a chore rather than a hobby.

Your band play around Brighton? Any shows coming up?

mainly play around the eastbourne area

i know what you mean when it becomes a chore , i'm quite enjoying this 80's stuff as i was mainly into rock in my younger days ,and never really gave any time to that 80's pop / disco stuff , but its opened up a whole new world to me !!

when i used to hear john Taylor's bass lines from Duran Duran on the radio i used to think they were good , but now i,m 'attempting' to play them i appreciate them all the more :blush:

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
always nice to 'meet' fellow players

Are you playing at the moment with any bands ?

Not these days. Work makes it tricky to commit to regular rehearsals. I do play now and again in a local church with some excellent musicians and, once I get a bit more of a balance back into my life I'd love to do some gigging again. And you?

chocolate log

May 18, 2013
Willingdon
Not these days. Work makes it tricky to commit to regular rehearsals. I do play now and again in a local church with some excellent musicians and, once I get a bit more of a balance back into my life I'd love to do some gigging again. And you?

just a pub band, nice bunch of lads, rehearse once a week , and gig on average a couple of times a month i guess , all good fun , nothing serious. so very enjoyable

boik

Athletico spizz 80, European heroes has always been one of my fav basslines

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2_CsmLtlc8

What a good call! Spizz was such a great frontman that he often overshadowed how good the band were - especially Jim Solar and CP Snare. Saw them dozens of times and I seem to remember that they played the whole of their set in a reggae stylee in Jenkinsons once (or did I just dream that?)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here