Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why did PIG get booked

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Saw him in conversation with the ref during the delay with Murray's injury but anyone know why he was booked?

tomfitz12

CTRL+W to change this
Nov 25, 2012
southwick
I think he was insinuating that murrays injury wasn't that bad and that he should get up... then had a go at the ref and was subsequently booked

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Probably called Murray a diving munt and got booked for an OTT reaction seeing as Murray was clearly in agony. Even PIG's team mates lambasted him for his reaction.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Someone said he got an elbow before the Murray injury? Was complaining about that.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Complaining too much that he felt Jedinak had elbowed him, according to the Sky commentators.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Jedinek led with his elbow every time he jumped, caught Tommy in the face. Fair point, but might just have re iterated this point a little too strongly

thony

Jul 24, 2011
Hollingbury
His interview on Seagulls Player explains:
During Murray's treatment, he went over to the ref to have a word to say that he felt he got an elbow during the previous corner.
He accepts that it was the wrong thing to do, as in the heat of the situation, the ref felt that his comments were offensive.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
He was asking the ref why Jedinak didn't get booked for his 4th elbow job.
Exactly effin this,.... he wasn't even spoken to for at least 4 blatant elbows, makes me seethe, but then chose to book Calderon for a Williams super pirouette..... amazing.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Jedinek led with his elbow every time he jumped, caught Tommy in the face. Fair point, but might just have re iterated this point a little too strongly
Not too strongly, just at the wrong time, ie when dealing with what looked a bad injury to another player.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Exactly effin this,.... he wasn't even spoken to for at least 4 blatant elbows, makes me seethe, but then chose to book Calderon for a Williams super pirouette..... amazing.

Jedinak wasn't alone though. How many times did a Palace player hack down Buckley in the first half without even a word from the referee. Then he finally books Jedinak for a late challenge (although I didn't see the challenge) and feels he has to even it up by booking Calderon for nothing. I didn't think the referee had a good game but luckily it didn't matter.

Hopefully, with us being at home on Monday, if Buckley is constantly hacked down Clattenburg will get his cards out quickly.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Jedinak wasn't alone though. How many times did a Palace player hack down Buckley in the first half without even a word from the referee. Then he finally books Jedinak for a late challenge (although I didn't see the challenge) and feels he has to even it up by booking Calderon for nothing. I didn't think the referee had a good game but luckily it didn't matter.

Hopefully, with us being at home on Monday, if Buckley is constantly hacked down Clattenburg will get his cards out quickly.

Thought the ref was ok although I agree the first Buckley foul was a booking. Very early so maybe the benefit of the doubt but a booked left back would have made things interesting.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

I agree, I thought he let some harsh tackles go at first.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Thought the ref was ok although I agree the first Buckley foul was a booking. Very early so maybe the benefit of the doubt but a booked left back would have made things interesting.

I don't think he was terrible as there wasn't much to do, just inconsistent with bookings. Buckley was fouled a few times and the couple of times in the first half he wasn't fouled, he got round the back of their defence and put in a good cross e.g. the Hammond chance. It's just frustrating when Calderon gets booked for so little then and is on a yellow against Zaha for the rest of the game.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Jedinak was doing his usual job of being a thug. TK was fouled and remonstrated with the ref as it was the fourth time Jedinak had got away with it.

Albion Rob

Probably called Murray a diving munt and got booked for an OTT reaction seeing as Murray was clearly in agony. Even PIG's team mates lambasted him for his reaction.

To be fair to PIG, couldn't have blamed him too much if his initial reaction was: "Is that diving ******* diving again?" Considering Murray won a penalty last time we played there by changing his stride and stamping on PIG then falling over as PIG dived at his feet.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
It might be expecting too much from a footballer, but can you not make your point to the ref without being abusive ? Silly yellow to get, but not at silly as Calderons'

You would hope. It should be pointed out though that one of the only times they had a close up of Gus was when he was clearly telling the Ref that he was f****** s***.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here