Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Aldershot Town enter administration

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
Sad news, like one or two on here, Aldershot Town are my second team as I'm from round there originally. I go to see them once a year, this season for the victory over Oxford United. They have a small but very dedicated group of supporters. Tis a sad day as I fear they may go under again. That said, the finding of the holy grail was not as good as the searching last time round.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
A sad day Boardroom battles galore ,The board went for a Play off push and ended up relegated:(:( .No assets to speak of truly screwed.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
That sounds ominous. When we were at rock bottom we at least had a decent number of supporters who were able to provide the catalyst for our future success.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Blimey, pretty tough on their fans if they are going to have to rise from the Ashes again. Feel for them.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It would appear that they have risen from the Ashes too quickly and perhaps should have got their house in order first before re entering the FL. Could this be a warning to Portsmouth, not that they will take any notice because they also are too smug to accept advice.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Didn't Halifax do similar and the conference didn't allow them to join so they dropped to step 3?

Boston went into administration on the last day of the season in 2007 having already been confirmed as relegated. Conference decided they couldn't join BSP so they had to start the following season in BSN.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Boston went into administration on the last day of the season in 2007 having already been confirmed as relegated. Conference decided they couldn't join BSP so they had to start the following season in BSN.

Could be playing Whitehawk ! oopss sorry Brighton United Town City Alexander FC

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
You're right, Trig - it was a rhetorical question, really. You'd have hoped that the experience of the club would have taught them a bit more prudence. As I've said on here before, to forget the mistakes of history is to be doomed to repeat them.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
It would appear that they have risen from the Ashes too quickly and perhaps should have got their house in order first before re entering the FL. Could this be a warning to Portsmouth, not that they will take any notice because they also are too smug to accept advice.

Talking to a work colleague who is a Pompey fan your right they will not take any notice, seems like they will be splashing big money for L2 standards to get auto promotion back to L1. Should be more like the scottish ideal in these situations when only free transfers are allowed

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Pompey are a BIG club , they want to be back in the Premier League within 10 years.
Talking to a work colleague who is a Pompey fan your right they will not take any notice, seems like they will be splashing big money for L2 standards to get auto promotion back to L1. Should be more like the scottish ideal in these situations when only free transfers are allowed
Could be one of the clubs to blindly ignore FFP rules and then moan about it when they face embargoes in the future.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Is this the team that has an inordinate number of minutes wasted on them on Final Score on RADIO SUSSEX on Saturdays?

I could never figure what part of Sussex they were in?

16 bit 44.1

May 17, 2011
Hove
ATFC are also a team very close to my heart. My dad has been a season ticket holder there for nearly 40 years. What I can gather is that its always been a battle for the club since they went full time but it was a battle they were winning. They also had a great chairman who sadly passed away in 2009 and it seems to have all fallen apart since then.

This is a radio interview recorded on Thursday with a man called Terry Owens who was the first chairman and owned one of the two shares issued when the club was first reformed back in 1992. He resigned in 1999 but has remained close to the club ever since.

It's only a couple of minutes long but I challenge any football supporter to not have a lump in the throat by the end of it. A very sad situation indeed.

Eagle Radio Pop-out Player: shots terry owens

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Annouced in the last few minutes £1 million debt ,Administrators annouce a new buyer maybe in place won't believe it till it happens.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Is this the team that has an inordinate number of minutes wasted on them on Final Score on RADIO SUSSEX on Saturdays?

I could never figure what part of Sussex they were in?

The football radio coverage is for Radio Sussex & Surrey although Aldershot is in Hampshire which is just like Meridian covering Reading and Oxford

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here