Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Play-off dates 'confirmed' - sort of...

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I heard the Police don't want Palace here unless its Sunday lunchtime. If they finish 4th that could be interesting. They could give uos a big advantage and let us play away first !¬!!

Surely an Monday evening game would be even easier for the police to police ?

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Basic summary, Come on Leicester, Bolton and dare I say Palace.

• IF Nottingham Forest finish 5th the play off dates will switch (something to do with the tin pot Rugby team playing against some under 9’s team in the Sir Michael of mouse cup)
• The Play off dates will be Thursday / Sunday NOT Friday / Monday
• IF Nottingham Forest finish 5th it means we will have finished 4th
• To finish 5th
• Forest need to beat Leicester
• Palace obtain only 1 point or Less versus Millwall and Peterborough
• Bolton fail to beat Blackpool
• OR Forest win by 4 more clear goals than Bolton to overturn a 3 goal deficit in goal difference (Bolton have higher goals scored) If Bolton win
• OR Forest draw, Palace get tanked on aggregate 6-0 in the last 2 games and Bolton lose.
• OR Palace draw twice, Bolton don’t beat Blackpool and Forest beat Leicester by 6 goals or more
• OR Someone sprinkles some magic pixie dust on the FL table.

So all in all unlikely but still possible.

But it won't stop a good few people having a bet on just such a set of events - and they'll probably get no better than 20-1.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
In simpler terms, baring improbable scorelines, the dates will switch IF:

Forest beat Leicester AND Palace only get one point or less from their last two games AND Bolton fail to beat Blackpool.

Seems pretty unlikely.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Naylor has tweeted that Nottingham Rugby Club have a play-off game across the river on Friday 10th, why Forest can't be at home on that date.

I know the police wont let Forest play at home on Friday night but why not, any specific reason, other than normal Friday night drinking.
The answer to my question was posted while I was asking my question thanks

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
That's as clear as mud.
Seems clear to me.
So it's confirmed that if Palace don't win tomorrow, we are at home on Sunday or Monday.
No. I mean yes :D
So if they finish 5th then 1A swaps with 1B?
The unknown is whether this in turn automatically means 2A switches with 2B as well.
Yes, that would swap as well.
For Forest to make 5th place, they must beat Leicester, Bolton must fail to beat Blackpool, and Palace must fail to win either of their two remaining games.
If Palace draw their two games, Forest have to beat Leicester by 6.

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Don't understand this. If palace don't win we are guaranteed 4th and second leg at home ie on Sunday or Monday...?? ?? ??
You're quite right, I misunderstood, sorry. I thought you were talking about who we play. If Palace draw tomorrow, they've have to overturn a GD of 12 on the last day to finish above us.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Don't understand this. If palace don't win we are guaranteed 4th and second leg at home ie on Sunday or Monday...?? ?? ??

It won't be Friday/Monday ... I don't really see the issue with the Monday night, if it were the FL would have put another * up I'd have thought

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004

Yes. If they don't win tomorrow we'll definetely finish fourth(barring a 12 goal swing) and we'll almost certainly be at home on the Monday.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007

Yes but we don't know who will finish 5th yet! If it's Forest, it'll be Thur/Sun. Anyone else it's Fri/Mon

Simples

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It won't be Friday/Monday ... I don't really see the issue with the Monday night, if it were the FL would have put another * up I'd have thought

Still confused.

If we finish 4th, surely the AMEX game is Monday, unless Forest finish 5th in which case it will be Sunday ?? ??

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
It looks like Monday at the Amex unless Palace play even worse than they did against us.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Still confused.

If we finish 4th, surely the AMEX game is Monday, unless Forest finish 5th in which case it will be Sunday ?? ??

Yes, apol's .. I thought you were suggesting it would be moved from Monday to Sunday along the lines of other threads about poss aggro

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Am I right in thinking that the only way we would play at home on the Friday is if we fail to beat Wolves and Palace win both their games? A win against Wolves means a home leg for us on the Monday regardless of other results?

Reason I ask is that I have a flight booked back to the UK on the Monday morning and it seems to me that I won't know until Saturday 5pm whether I need to change this if Palace win tomorrow.

Is there any scenario where we could play at home on the Sunday?

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Am I right in thinking that the only way we would play at home on the Sunday is if we fail to beat Wolves and Palace win both their games? A win against Wolves means a home leg for us on the Monday regardless of other results?

Reason I ask is that I have a flight booked back to the UK on the Monday morning and it seems to me that I won't know until Saturday 5pm whether I need to change this if Palace win tomorrow.
We would play at home on Friday if we lost against Wolves and Palace won both their games. The only was we could play at home on Sunday is if Forest finish fifth.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here