Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will you stop supporting our Premiership team?

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
A lot of you give it massive biggun on here about the EPL being a crap league and the Championship is miles better and a 'real' league. Quite a few have even gone so far as to say they would no longer support the Albion if they went into that league.... How many still feel the same way now were realistically 4 games away?

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
A lot of you give it massive biggun on here about the EPL being a crap league and the Championship is miles better and a 'real' league. Quite a few have even gone so far as to say they would no longer support the Albion if they went into that league.... How many still feel the same way now were realistically 4 games away?

Depends on whether or not we humped every week in the EPL. If so, I will start supporting man Utd so I can feel that my life is a success by vicarious association with them.

If we win our first few games I might buy a new car sticker or some other easily removed item that I can stuff ino the glovebox if we turn out to be shit.

Titus

Come on!
Feb 21, 2010
Up here on the left.
Is there a competition tonight about who can start the most brain dead thread? Are you related to Harry H?

I think you are being rather unfair to the OP. The last time we moved up to the top division crowds dropped. In fact I went less often not just because of prices but because it wasn't as much fun to see us lose so often.

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'll play.

I don't like The EPL and all it stands for, the money, the greed, the publicity, the 'stars', the hype.
It's an impossible league to win.
We'll be battling for enough points early enough to concentrate on The League Cup.
So the very very best case scenario would be a cup final and season over by February.
Worst case would be 'fighting for 4th from bottom'.

But I'd be lying if I said the prospect of promotion wasn't really exciting.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I'll play.

I don't like The EPL and all it stands for, the money, the greed, the publicity, the 'stars', the hype.
It's an impossible league to win.
We'll be battling for enough points early enough to concentrate on The League Cup.
So the very very best case scenario would be a cup final and season over by February.
Worst case would be 'fighting for 4th from bottom'.

But I'd be lying if I said the prospect of promotion wasn't really exciting.

yeah, this. In a way the season after our first season in the premiership will be the end of the dream, the end of the rise from 91st and homeless. We'll need a new dream then, and it will have to involve lots of cash.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
For the long term good of the club (any club) getting to the Prem is all but a must and I desperately want us to achieve it, and sooner rather than later. But I'm sure the whole dynamic will change, the thrill and excitement, feeling of expectation and the character of the club will be quite different.

Not sure how I'd feel tbh but I can see a scenario where I'd give my ST up and go game by game and I doubt I'd ever think like that if we were a capable championship side.

Hamilton

Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
We may be going up to another league? Jesus wept! If I'd have known that at the beginning of the season I wouldn't have encouraged the team so much.

Thanks for the warning. Will now boo on Saturday throughout.

What is the EPL? Exciting Panty Line?

Seriously, it's the whole point of football. To keep winning. I hope we can be like Swansea in season one and build from there. As long as we don't behave like QPR. Remember, there are idiot teams in the Championship as well. Look at Leicester and their attempts to behave like lord of the manor. It's not the leagues, it's the money men - and we can do what we can to prevent the money men stealing the game from us.

I'm excited. Last time we went up to Division One I stopped going. But it was more to do with the fact that I discovered girls. I came back.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
We may be going up to another league? Jesus wept! If I'd have known that at the beginning of the season I wouldn't have encouraged the team so much.

Seriously, it's the whole point of football. To keep winning. I hope we can be like Swansea in season one and build from there. As long as we don't behave like QPR. Remember, there are idiot teams in the Championship as well. Look at Leicester and their attempts to behave like lord of the manor. It's not the leagues, it's the money men - and we can do what we can to prevent the money men stealing the game from us.

I'm excited. Last time we went up to Division One I stopped going. But it was more to do with the fact that I discovered girls. I came back.

I expect girls everywhere breathed a sigh of relief.

Precisely. Some of our fans would genuinely rather still be at Priestfield.

Jan 30, 2008
:thumbsup: MUGGY LEAGUE , MUGGY PLAYERS
regards
DR

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
For better or worse, we need to break into the Premier league at some point if we do have any ambitions in the long term as a medium to large sized club. The TV money alone would transform our prospects. Anyway, there'd still be plenty to look forward to. I'd Be quite happy to see us targeting 4th from bottom next year, with the excitement of a couple of surprise wins along the way against the big guns. After that, consolidation and perhaps the prospect one day of European football. Don't buy all the media crap about the Champions league being the only thing that matters… that's a perspective swayed by the supporters of the top clubs. We would have a ball going abroad in the Europa League. Albion versus Ajax, Atletico Madrid or Benfica one day. Yes please.

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Are any of the European top flight leagues competitive, to more that 4 teams?

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Let me google that for you

For the record. I cannot WAIT for us to go up and see us battle it out with the 'elite' of our clubs. I cannot WAIT for the flukey 1-0 win at home to United. MY point is that people on here (not me) have said outright they do NOT want us to go up as they see the PREMIER LEAGUE as a disgusting money machine that doesn't support football and they'll be going to Crawley every week or some other such nonsense.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here