Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

More football violence today at Newcastle v Sunderland - 27 arrested

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Probably just getting his own back after he nearly choked to death eating a Big Mac earlier in the day

:lolol:

Not surprised by this, our group nearly had some aggro with some Sunderland in Toon after the Boro game yesterday who attempted to wind us up by singing Pompey songs... thick twats. Real nasty bunch, coming out with some pretty vile racist stuff in the middle of the street :tosser:

wendy's tackle

NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2004
East Dean, Eastbourne
:lolol:

Not surprised by this, our group nearly had some aggro with some Sunderland in Toon after the Boro game yesterday who attempted to wind us up by singing Pompey songs... thick twats. Real nasty bunch, coming out with some pretty vile racist stuff in the middle of the street :tosser:

That's a real shame. Always found Sunderland fans really friendly and decent on my travels up there. Never forget the respect they paid the team when they ran out for the match in April 83, the first away match after winning through to the cup final. Newcastle fans on the other hand.......

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
the fact you are shocked shows how far we've come from the bad days. in some countries there's regular full scale rioting.

Unfortunately an FA Cup semi-final and a huge local derby were two of the biggest and most high profile matches of the season that would have been shown on TV across the world. Incidents often take place in rough towns like Luton, Nuneaton and Newport County - but they're not as newsworthy as on this weekend's biggest football stages in England.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I've seen Brighton fans doing it in Brighton station when palace were in town.

But that was a long long time ago, in a galaxy far away.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
That's a real shame. Always found Sunderland fans really friendly and decent on my travels up there. Never forget the respect they paid the team when they ran out for the match in April 83, the first away match after winning through to the cup final. Newcastle fans on the other hand.......

A mix of fans support every club of course, but on foreign holidays (more then once) I've come across some awful Sunderland fans. Aggressive, and a hatred of a lot of other clubs and their fans .... I thought they'd only hate Newcastle and M'boro

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
You can't generalise about Sunderland this or Millwall that. People are people, whether it's Yeovil Town, Sheffield Utd or Newcastle they support. No one football club has exclusivity on the moronic individual or the 'butter wouldn't melters' as much as The Daily Mail would love us all to believe otherwise.

wendy's tackle

NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2004
East Dean, Eastbourne
You can't generalise about Sunderland this or Millwall that. People are people, whether it's Yeovil Town, Sheffield Utd or Newcastle they support. No one football club has exclusivity on the moronic individual or the 'butter wouldn't melters' as much as The Daily Mail would love us all to believe otherwise.

I think you're dead right there, we all have our own experiences of good and bad and all clubs have some fans who will welcome you and some who won't. Some clubs are worse than others though.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Thankfully, the football authorities and police, don't go down that road, and quite rightly have been and will continue to be hard on the fans of certain clubs like Millwall and Leeds, and soft touch on most others. If some innocent Millwall and Leeds fans sometimes pay the price of tough policing and sanctions, that's hard luck.

Twizzle

Aug 12, 2010
I confess to having twatted a horse.
It was attacking my very shy inoffensive dog, rearing up looking to trample her under front hooves.
It wanted a punch on the nose & got it. It soon stopped its' nonsense

Next time I'll put a horseshoe on to even things up.

Anyway, what animal has it's vag across it's back?
Police horse.

I'm here all week :)

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
i tell you something,dont ever get kicked by one,christ nearly broke my leg a few seasons ago,at northampton

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
In fairness it was a rubbish punch by a fat and bald ******* who got rightly flattened by the Cops a nano-second after they probably stopped laughing. Great entertainment, great policing and basically well done Her Majesty's forces of good against the nasty northerner tribes. Not that I felt scarred of 'em anyway - hardly The Firm are they?!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here