Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Info for a Charlton fan

charltonfan

Apr 2, 2013
Hi Guys,

Looking forward to the game tonight and just after some info. What is my best bet for parking? I don't really want to use the park and ride schemes as apparently they take an ages after and I will be in a slight rush! If anyone could help that would be great.

Should be a good one tonight, think you'll probably beat us but in this league who knows!!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I'd go for parking around Lewes and getting the train in, but hold on for other ideas as I normally use the car park next to the ground but it's a bugger to get out of after the match unless you fancy leaving 10 mins before the end? (£13)

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Park at ground (if you can) around £15, or in the past, have parked at Brighton station, which can be a bit quicker if you are quick sharp out of the ground. Where do you live?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Take the train.

Failing that, park in Lewes.

Failing that, park at the Bridge Car Park - £13.

Failing that, use the P&R site at Mill Road, but be there very early. VERY early.

After that, you've got little chance of a quick getaway.

Please DO NOT park in Coldean or Moulsecoomb. It costs the Albion a fortune.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
Park in Moulsecoomb mate. 10 minute walk from the stadium. The park & ride queues aren't too bad though. There's some serious misinformation out there on the net about the travel arrangements for The Amex. As you'll see tonight, it's actually all ok and things now run pretty smoothy.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Park in Moulsecoomb mate. 10 minute walk from the stadium. The park & ride queues aren't too bad though. There's some serious misinformation out there on the net about the travel arrangements for The Amex. As you'll see tonight, it's actually all ok and things now run pretty smoothy.

This is the correct answer. I often do this myself

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Park at Lewes. 7 mins on train to ground, match ticket covers train journey. Trains 6.57, 7.15, 7.29 ( cutting it fine ).

charltonfan

Apr 2, 2013
Oh nice, this looks a good option. Only problem is i am picking my ticket up from someone at the stadium, do I need to show the ticket to get on these trains or can I just pile on? Cheers for the help guys.

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
You'd technically need to show your ticket (there's ticket gates at Lewes) but try bundling on amongst a crowd going through - quite a few people drink in the Landsdown near the station pre game and you should be OK. You won't have to show it at Falmer. Worst comes to the worse, it should only be about £3 for a single Lewes to Falmer.

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
Oh nice, this looks a good option. Only problem is i am picking my ticket up from someone at the stadium, do I need to show the ticket to get on these trains or can I just pile on? Cheers for the help guys.

No one ever asks to see the ticket at Lewes anyway. But if they do happen to tonight, just say you're going to the game. If you are wearing something with a Charlton logo on it they definitely won't question you.

Trolly Dolly

Aug 22, 2011
I use the Lewes station option but it costs £5.50 to park there; on one occasion all match tickets being checked very throrough too, but bit cold for that tonight...Race Course park and ride is very good...never fills up if you are running late...you need to pre-book to park at ground,hope that helps...

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Hi Guys,

Looking forward to the game tonight and just after some info. What is my best bet for parking? I don't really want to use the park and ride schemes as apparently they take an ages after and I will be in a slight rush! If anyone could help that would be great.

Should be a good one tonight, think you'll probably beat us but in this league who knows!!
Park and ride at the racecourse, very efficient service. Stop and have a quick half and a pie in the north stand after the game, we're pretty friendly, then wonder up the slope and straight on the bus. You'll be back at your car within 15 minutes of leaving the stadium. No worries.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here