Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace fans hated their visit to the Sussex City...GOOD!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
"If I ever go there again it's straight to the ground, a pint in a pub is not worth all that grief!! "

well i suppose that job done then? seriously, they should walk in our shoes, its always been a nightmare at Selhurst games, and i know thats not solely down to Met as been to many Orient and Millwall games without hassle (dont know, do they have borourgh commanders or something? is the croyden one a palace fan?)

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Just as shit going to Selhurst for us, they need to man up a bit

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Poor palace fans. Don't they know it's exactly the same for us when we play them away, apart from its a complete shithole, so it's actually FAR worse.

Oct 25, 2003
At least they got to see what a decent city and top class stadium looks like. Must be a decent change from the
absolute BAGHDAD of a situation they've got up there.

Going away to Selhurst is horrific.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Reminds me why I don't go to Selhurst anymore. Police go way over the top.

Dan Gleeballs

Nov 24, 2011
Even with em all moaning and gutted about today's result there's only so long e.g a couple of minutes, you can spend on that forum without feeling sick!!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
They should try being an away fan at selhurst park. Tossers.

Exactly right. At least our club didn't keep them in and goad them over the P.A. system for 45 minutes.

The one thing that nobody had any control over-the weather-helped finish off their day out to Sussex perfectly. Payback's a bitch ain't it?

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Reading that makes me feel even better, if that's possible. This was clearly their '5-0 and kept back' day.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Personally I find it a sad reflection on both football and the mentality of the police towards football supporters that the situation in the photo arose. Seriously, how do a few knobheads from both sets of supporters manage to turn the clock back to the 80s ? Palace or not, football supporters should not be subjected to such idiotic and frankly unfair policing methods.

That type of policing just inflames the situation.

**** awaits a flaming ****

Dec 29, 2011
Personally I find it a sad reflection on both football and the mentality of the police towards football supporters that the situation in the photo arose. Seriously, how do a few knobheads from both sets of supporters manage to turn the clock back to the 80s ? Palace or not, football supporters should not be subjected to such idiotic and frankly unfair policing methods.

I agree, but until someone can suggest a method that keeps the 1% of knuckle-draggers apart, it will continue this way. Can you suggest anything?

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one

You know what ur saying, idiot.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I agree, but until someone can suggest a method that keeps the 1% of knuckle-draggers apart, it will continue this way. Can you suggest anything?

Not entirely sure, I'm all for high profile policing but surely policing methods have moved by now ? Personally I think it's an issue with the police rather than a few rock apes. A few years ago I happened to be staying at a hotel in Austria and got talking to a Met police officer. He openly admitted that officers in the Met enjoyed policing football as it "was the only time they could put the boot in and get away with it". I've had a similar conversation with a Welsh officer a couple of years ago.

I'd suggest the problem lies with the mentality of the police rather than any real issue with football supporters. British Transport Police are some of the worst. Maybe if these types of operations were run by officers that actually appreciated football rather than the idiotic "hard nut" officers just looking for their stripes we, the football supporters, might be treated in the correct manner - i.e. not treated as criminals when we've done nothing at all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here