Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by PILTDOWN MAN View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bloody hell, are you Gus?
    All those you mention play in front of the opposition. We DO need to start with such players like Lua Lua it certainly isn't gambling. Most other managers in this league would be starting him.
    Many of my friends support other Championship clubs and most have seen Lua Lua play and rate him highly, probably more highly than we do. It seems odd, therefore, that he warms the bench so often. Perhaps we don't appreciate what we have? I suspect that KLL would be a starter on most Championship clubs' team sheets.
    "It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt". - Abraham Lincoln

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      At the rate we are getting through players he'll have to play. Him and the ten that are still standing.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Elephant View Post
      Lualua is massively overhyped. Nearly as much as Bolasie, but not quite.

We don't need to resort to gambling on our maybe man, sometimes he plays well and sometimes he is found out. I wouldn't start him. We have Vicente, Dave and Orlandi who should start behind Ulloa, Bridcutt plus Crofts or Hammond to complete the midfield. Who do you drop for LuaLua?

Keep him and Buckley in reserve as game changers if needed.
      Can you honestly say you enjoy watching slow, sideways football that results in little or no end product. The 6 man defence is all well and good but we have nothing going forward.
      What?

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by BRIGHT ON Q View Post
      Its how Reading and Swansea got promoted(and probably Palace),2 pacey wingers
      Never, it's all about several defenders and an isolated striker. That's the way forward.
      What?
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      A six man defence is pointless unless you achieve a clean sheet.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
      We CANNOT afford to go into a MUST WIN game against our biggest rivals with another defensive starting line up!
      Sadly the last three games were games where we could affod to be more expansive and take a few risks, but no, Gus reverted to type and played it safe. He is now in a Catch 22, he knows he is being criticised, he knows all eyes are on this game, he knows he needs to man up and get a result, but.... he also knows that to be reckless against that pile of shite from up the road, to risk all with an attacking selection, shape and game plan is simply inviting a thrashing from a team that scores for fun. I am convinced he will put Dicker in there to shore up the defence, and still play just one wide man, and one up top. Nothing will change barring changes for injury and suspensions.

I see a very damp squid of a season end looming.... when the Wolves and Blackpool games should have been games where we fill the place and roar the team to the playoffs, I sadly see the usual capitulation into mediocrity. Bloom will be looking closely at this situiation, you mark my words.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Even if he doesn't start we need 2 wingers out there from the off (Orlandi would be my 2nd choice to play a wide role), with us facing Zaha, Murray, Bolaise if we don't have firepower, we are on the backfoot from the off and if they score 1st we end up chasing the game which we haven't been too good at.
      Definitely Lua Lua for at least a 45 mins at some point as he is the only player we have with the pace and power to really scare defenders, even if a bit erratic in his delivery at times. He also looked good cutting in and playing a more central role a few games back, we are too predictable, everyone know what to expect.

0 Not allowed!
      How many of our players will actually worry Palace and/or cause them some problems? Other than KLL, if he plays, I can't think of any. Certainly Buckley seems to have lost his ability to go past players and Vicente will probably still be too tired to play so who is going to hurt our friends from up the road? I'm really fearful that we may end up taking a pasting on Sunday. I've no doubt that Gus will be a lot more worried about Palace's attacking threat than Holloway will be of ours, as much as it pains me to say so.
      "It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt". - Abraham Lincoln

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by PILTDOWN MAN View Post
      Bloody hell, are you Gus?
      All those you mention play in front of the opposition. We DO need to start with such players like Lua Lua it certainly isn't gambling. Most other managers in this league would be starting him.
      But do we gamble irrespective of the opposition and the type of game we're about to play? I would be all for LuaLua starting, and Buckley as well. It would give us more attacking intent and it would make us a lot more open, which might be fantastic for us. Or it might allow us to be picked apart. This is Gus' team, just how he wants us to play the game. I rate Orlandi, Dave and Vicente a lot higher than Buckley and LuaLua, but that's just my preference of player.

Quote Originally Posted by DarrenFreemansPerm View Post
      Can you honestly say you enjoy watching slow, sideways football that results in little or no end product. The 6 man defence is all well and good but we have nothing going forward.
      Enjoy? I enjoy watching Brighton play. I enjoyed watching the Micky Adams mark 2 team, the Slade team which just couldn't gel and even the Brian Horton team which tried so hard and did so little! It's all relative. Would I be more attacking with the line up and the tactics? Yes. But then my only concern would be scoring half a dozen goals per game and attacking at will. A bit like Peterborough. Where are they in the table, by the way?

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Elephant View Post
      Lualua is massively overhyped. Nearly as much as Bolasie, but not quite.

We don't need to resort to gambling on our maybe man, sometimes he plays well and sometimes he is found out. I wouldn't start him. We have Vicente, Dave and Orlandi who should start behind Ulloa, Bridcutt plus Crofts or Hammond to complete the midfield. Who do you drop for LuaLua?

Keep him and Buckley in reserve as game changers if needed.
      Aren't these two related, cousins I think?