Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion 2013-14 season tickets - ALL the details

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Boy have you missed the point. The idea of high charges is to make people use public transport. I park in Lewes and it's one stop on the train.

I know what your saying but some people don't want to wait in a 30 minute queue after a midweek game for the train they want the flexibility of their own car also if we discourage all the car users and tell them to use the train it's going to overcrowd an already overcrowded means of transport plus next year with higher gates of 30000 and no one allowed to park in Coldean or Moulscombe I'm not sure the trains(or park & ride ) could handle that amount of people ,if the load is shared I think it works well

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
I know what your saying but some people don't want to wait in a 30 minute queue after a midweek game for the train they want the flexibility of their own car also if we discourage all the car users and tell them to use the train it's going to overcrowd an already overcrowded means of transport plus next year with higher gates of 30000 and no one allowed to park in Coldean or Moulscombe I'm not sure the trains(or park & ride ) could handle that amount of people ,if the load is shared I think it works well

Do you get straight out then if you park, to bridge car park it's a good 5- 10 minute walk and then at least 20+ minutes to get out, unless of course you leave 5 mins before the end of a game. I do not know about the uni car parks, would have thought its about the same. The trains would handle the transport if the railways added a few more trains and maybe a park and ride near Lewes

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I think that the club need to look at people that cleary don't use the travel ie the buses and trains. Those people are disabled and are already paying £180.00 to park. This isn't a luxury it is a necessity. For example myself and my husband travel to matches with my disabled Mum. From next season we are getting a senior ticket for my Dad so that means there will now be 4 people in the car. Now between the 4 of us we will be paying £45.00 each for the season to use the car park. The club with the increase to the travel has now decided that we will also be paying £100.00 per season for something that we can't and will never be able to use. We don't choose to bring the car it is a must a my Mum wouldn't be able to get to games without us and the car. I just feel that the club are asking us to pay for travel twice which is very unfair. They wouldn't expect someone to pay for 2 pints and and only get 1 so why should we?

Why only £100 for the travel element? If there are four of you shouldn't you be paying £200?

Unless you get complimentary carers passes into the ground at the clubs expense, in which case you are costing the club a lot of lost revenue already. It's a business at the end of the day. Just be grateful the club are looking after the disabled fans. I bet that doesn't happen at every club.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Do you get straight out then if you park, to bridge car park it's a good 5- 10 minute walk and then at least 20+ minutes to get out, unless of course you leave 5 mins before the end of a game. I do not know about the uni car parks, would have thought its about the same. The trains would handle the transport if the railways added a few more trains and maybe a park and ride near Lewes
nope don't have to leave early
Yep and after that 10 min walk & about 10 mins to get out of car park at uni I'm home after 15 mins drive , after a 30minute wait in a train queue I'd then have to sit on an overcrowded train to Brighton then stand on the platform wait for another train to go to shoreham then drive back to house from shoreham station if I can find a parking space
I'd much prefer the comfort of my own car thanks

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

I never leave early, 10 minute walk back to the car at the university and then almost straight out onto eastbound a27. Home to Eastbourne around 40 minutes after the game. Amazing!

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
nope don't have to leave early
Yep and after that 10 min walk & about 10 mins to get out of car park at uni I'm home after 15 mins drive , after a 30minute wait in a train queue I'd then have to sit on an overcrowded train to Brighton then stand on the platform wait for another train to go to shoreham then drive back to house from shoreham station if I can find a parking space
I'd much prefer the comfort of my own car thanks

Well worth the £10 a game then, oh sorry about £12+ with the clubs travel.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
My only gripe is that there is no U21 price as these are the people that we need to encourage for the future and for the atmosphere. As a parent have happily bought my sons season ticket for years but it is a big jump now he will be an adult price though he will still be in full time education for atleast another 3 years.

Agree 100% with that.

It's a huge jump for an 18 year old. Many are probably still not working full time, with these days probably a majority still in some kind of full time education.

All under 21s, whether students or not, have very limited budgets.

IMO a price band somewhere between the Under 18 and adult price that covers anyone under 21 including students would be a good idea.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Well worth the £10 a game then, oh sorry about £12+ with the clubs travel.

I was 50/50 about renewing next season because of the £50 plus £260 but like someone else has said if you get a few sharing it does work out cheaper , plus we've got kids so after midweek games it's handy getting them home quicker on a school night

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Agree 100% with that.

It's a huge jump for an 18 year old. Many are probably still not working full time, with these days probably a majority still in some kind of full time education.

IMO a price band somewhere between the Under 18 and adult price that covers anyone under 21 including students would be a good idea.

With all due respect they are lucky to have DD. wish I had that at Withdean as a youth instead of having to fork out in 1 go!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Agree 100% with that.

Unfortunately you could have an infinite number of price bands. 21 -30 for those with young families and mortgages, 31-40 saving for your kids uni, etc etc. The club are already doing something for students at uni. As far as I'm concerned, if you 18-21 and in work then you should be able to afford the prices in the North stand especially with the DD. The club is a commercial enterprise. If you can't afford a season ticket then you save up to go to as many games as you can during a season.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)

I think the trains have been a lot better recently. Yesterday I left on final whistle and was back at my car near London Rd station at 5.20. On Tuesday I parked right outside the Cardiff ground in their away car park and finally got out of the ground at 10.10pm which was about 30 min after game finished, so I don't think the trains are too bad. I have heard stories of friends queuing up for 30 mins plus to get out of the car parks! As I live in Southampton I use the car to get me to Brighton so I have always got to park it somewhere and I'm not sure paying for parking at the ground is any quicker then using the train or park and ride.

Gullzone

Apr 14, 2012
This Green and Pleasant Land
This is also another option, but if the cheaper areas filled and left the ESU and WSL half empty, it would not be good. Also by the time your ST gets to 700 a game, the North or SW might be nearer 600 and is it worth it then? It's all a fine line. Like I said, if the football isn't as good and we aren't doing as well ( which will happen at some point in the years to come), will you want to renew then? Even to cheaper seats? It's a difficult one.

I like you and LamieRobertson love my view from ESU and an increase to £625 is okish. However the club need to be mindful not to price supporters out. I hope they dont think prices can be continually pushed up even if we do get promotion. A guy at work goes to Reading and still only pays circa £350 for his ST. Now I wouldnt want to watch Reading every week but you get my point that there is a tipping point in pricing and affordability.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Again they are hired ( Uni, Bridge car parks)and that is an extra cost that is maybe covered in the cost they pay. Then they have to be manned by stewards and again surrounding roads were improved and pathways from car parks to the ground. Maybe the club could say to the people who park, no you do not have to pay for transport and then put the price of the car parking up by the same price. People have to get past this I am paying for something I do not use. It's all part of the cost of building the stadium, therefore it should be met by all fans attending the stadium

Why should they put the car parking price up by the same amount? They are paying enough as it is ..sorry but I think your pushing this 'o the clubs doing this etc' .well if they want support to grow well that's what any business has to do .. This year £30 ..next £50 ..what then? And just for the record I use a car park only a few times a year.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I was 50/50 about renewing next season because of the £50 plus £260 but like someone else has said if you get a few sharing it does work out cheaper , plus we've got kids so after midweek games it's handy getting them home quicker on a school night

Can I have a lift next season :)
Once Coldean is residents only its going to make traveling interesting for some of the Saturday kick offs :(

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
Why should they put the car parking price up by the same amount? They are paying enough as it is ..sorry but I think your pushing this 'o the clubs doing this etc' .well if they want support to grow well that's what any business has to do .. This year £30 ..next £50 ..what then? And just for the record I use a car park only a few times a year.

I suggest you read the thread before jumping in with a load of shite. I did not suggest the club put the parking prices up. My point was aimed at the person who did not want to pay the travel subsidy. They felt they were paying for something they did not use as they travel by car. My point, although maybe not clearer enough for you was that the club could just say to the people who park, don't pay the travel subsidy and then put the parking prices up by the same amount. The club maybe need to do away with the phrase travel subsidy and just sale the tickets as the cost of watching Brighton

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I suggest you read the thread before jumping in with a load of shite. I did not suggest the club put the parking prices up. My point was aimed at the person who did not want to pay the travel subsidy. They felt they were paying for something they did not use as they travel by car. My point, although maybe not clearer enough for you was that the club could just say to the people who park, don't pay the travel subsidy and then put the parking prices up by the same amount. The club maybe need to do away with the phrase travel subsidy and just sale the tickets as the cost of watching Brighton

Blimey calm down I thought this was a civilised discussion ...obviously not and i was not jumping in but replying to yur replies to something i mentioned earlier and for the record I've read enough to get the gist of it

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
Blimey calm down I thought this was a civilised discussion ...obviously not and i was not jumping in but replying to yur replies to something i mentioned earlier and for the record I've read enough to get the gist of it

FYI If you can find 3 other friends and go by car, then the parking is only £2:50 per person which is reasonable. Would be a good idea if in the summer they had a thread for car shares. As next year it will be harder to park near the ground

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
FYI If you can find 3 other friends and go by car, then the parking is only £2:50 per person which is reasonable. Would be a good idea if in the summer they had a thread for car shares. As next year it will be harder to park near the ground

Good idea

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here