Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
My brother lives in Bologna. He says that Italy has gone into full panic mode, everyone is wearing a mask, all the schools are closed, all sporting events are being cancelled. They are virtually in lockdown.

On the plus side, he says it’s 25 degrees with blue skies and sunshine. :rant:

I feel for your brother....25 degrees and sunshine sounds bloody horrendous! :wink:

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Spring is coming so cleaned my bike up, charged up my battery, shaved my legs, dug out the lycra kit ready to give you racer boys with your thin tyres, carbon fibre frames and wind resistant profiles a run for your money as I glide past you on my Haibike sduro trekker whistling as ride serenely up the Beacon!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Spring is coming so cleaned my bike up, charged up my battery, shaved my legs, dug out the lycra kit ready to give you racer boys with your thin tyres, carbon fibre frames and wind resistant profiles a run for your money as I glide past you on my Haibike sduro trekker whistling as ride serenely up the Beacon!

As this isn't the first time, I'm sure you think this would get us riled.

When in fact, and I know damn well I speak for all here, we couldn't be happier about another bike on the road, irrespective of it's power source.

Happy riding.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011

I had a go on a mate's electric bike. It was bloody brilliant, and when I can no longer rely on my legs and lungs alone, I;m getting one.

I googled yours. Looks bloody lovely!

But shaving your legs and wearing lycra on that? Nay, nay, thrice nay. It's all about the baggy shorts and copious leg hair. :smile:

Jeep

Aug 1, 2003
I need a new press fit BB on my commuter bike. Anyone done this themselves? I'm tempted to wobble off to the LBS.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I had a go on a mate's electric bike. It was bloody brilliant, and when I can no longer rely on my legs and lungs alone, I;m getting one.

But shaving your legs and wearing lycra on that? Nay, nay, thrice nay. It's all about the baggy shorts and copious leg hair. :smile:

Precisely, I'm 70 now and that's where I'm at ... reckon I'll still be cycling in my 90's so long as I'm not coronav'd out...and your'e probably right about copious leg hair but I just like shaving my legs???

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach

I have to admit, I am really tempted by an Orbea Gain e-bike as my n+1. I've always struggled massively on hills and, having dodgy knees most of my life, Im seriously considering one when the latest bike is paid off.
My mates wife got one before Christmas and loves it. Whereas she hated riding with him before, shes happy to go out now as she can beat / easily keep up with him on the slopes. My missus is also considering one for the summer to get to and from work.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Nah, just let it grow. I have never been one for Velominati's Rules, so won't ever shave my legs.

Or maybe, like [MENTION=20342]Surf's Up[/MENTION] you like doing so. So shave 'em. :smile:

TBH, I never have done...but have been tempted a few times :p

On a completely different note, a question for the geeks.....Am I wrong to be secretly glad I am not at the game on Saturday, and can sit and watch Omloop in peace with a beer while the Mrs & Jnr are watching us vs Palace?

Bad fan?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
TBH, I never have done...but have been tempted a few times :p

On a completely different note, a question for the geeks.....Am I wrong to be secretly glad I am not at the game on Saturday, and can sit and watch Omloop in peace with a beer while the Mrs & Jnr are watching us vs Palace?

Bad fan?
Yeah that's pretty poor form esp as it's palace and only (The Start of the Season) Omloop.

Roubaix or Flanders & Burnley then you can probably get away with it.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Yeah, you can probably get away with it esp as it's only Palace.

Corrected for you Stat...Im sure thats what you meant to write in the first place anyway....

:cheers::thumbsup:

de-muur.jpg

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I have to admit, I am really tempted by an Orbea Gain e-bike as my n+1. I've always struggled massively on hills and, having dodgy knees most of my life, Im seriously considering one when the latest bike is paid off.
My mates wife got one before Christmas and loves it. Whereas she hated riding with him before, shes happy to go out now as she can beat / easily keep up with him on the slopes. My missus is also considering one for the summer to get to and from work.

That is one beautiful machine and because the battery is incorporated into the frame its invisible to the untrained eye! As the battery technology develops and evolves in terms of size/weight reduction, increased range and lower prices, so will e-bikes increasingly become the norm not just for the more mature rider but for all. They're a no-brainer really.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
That is one beautiful machine and because the battery is incorporated into the frame its invisible to the untrained eye! As the battery technology develops and evolves in terms of size/weight reduction, increased range and lower prices, so will e-bikes increasingly become the norm not just for the more mature rider but for all. They're a no-brainer really.

Sadly, only the bottom of the range version with the Claris g/s would be an option financially at £55 pm (from Tredz) but even that one would do the job nicely tbh. Will defo be looking around for any good deals over the next couple of years on other brands / dealers so Im ready to dive in to the e-World as soon as I can.

218890_4_Supersize.jpg

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Just got my tickets for the London Bike Show on 28 March. Always a good day out drooling over new products and machines.
If anyone is thinking of going, use the code TSL26 to get 2 for £26. Hopefully will work still, but today is the last day for the offer I think.

Also saw this morning that from Sunday 8th, Lidl have bike stuff back in - including bike packing bags for £9.99!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here