Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

zeemeeuw

Apr 8, 2006
Somerset
The track cycling ... didn't the likes of the French cast aspersions on team GBs performances in recent times, along the lines of us achieving the impossible? Now that the likes of the Netherlands and Denmark are smashing our old times, has the cloud of suspicion moved on or are other countries jumping on the marginal gains bandwagon?

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
The track cycling ... didn't the likes of the French cast aspersions on team GBs performances in recent times, along the lines of us achieving the impossible? Now that the likes of the Netherlands and Denmark are smashing our old times, has the cloud of suspicion moved on or are other countries jumping on the marginal gains bandwagon?

Its all down to their mushroom heads innit...?

2019-02-28-Track-Cycling-World-Championships-in-Pruszkow-3.jpg

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Dave B said our success was down to the roundness of our wheels.

The French didn't get the sarcasm and created a storm in a teacup.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
With Coronavirus shutting down the UAE Tour, how much cycling do you all think we'll see this Spring?

I've a feeling the opening Classics weekend will go ahead tomorrow, then that may well be it for the Spring Classics this season unfortunately. Milan San Remo already looks nailed on to be cancelled for starters.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Ned Boulting & Rob Hatch talking of Strade Bianche & Tirreno Adriatico possibly being shut down because of the outbreak.

Will make the most of this weekends racing before an enforced layoff I reckon :down:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Ned Boulting & Rob Hatch talking of Strade Bianche & Tirreno Adriatico possibly being shut down because of the outbreak.

Will make the most of this weekends racing before an enforced layoff I reckon :down:

My thoughts exactly.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
FYI V-Brake fans.

Much to my surprised Jnrs front brake is sound.

But a spring ended up braking on one of his rear calipers.

Halfords nearly got my business for the replacements at £21.00
Fortunately though I googled first and picked up a pair from Decathlon for £8, I've just put them on and they seem fine.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Waiting for the weather to clear up so that I can take my new bike for a proper ride.
https://www.sigmasports.com/item/Trek/Emonda-SL-5-Road-Bike-2020/K2JG

You may be waiting sometime. At a rough guess I reckon well over 80% of my daily commutes since the beginning of October have been wet, or if not actually raining then on wet roads. Never mind the almost constant strong winds.

I'm a fan of this time of year generally but I'm getting bored of this weather now.

Anyway, enjoy the bike. Nice to see a new road bike still being sold with proper road brakes on it and decent gearing ratios. :thumbsup:

Jeep

Aug 1, 2003
Oh, my lbs charged £15 to replace the BB on my Orro + £30 for the part. I thought that was a bargain!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Cycling's Sergio Ramos at it again:-

[tweet]1234123055238189058[/tweet]

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Oi. I like Sergio Ramos. He'd never do anything so wimpy.

I did a sighting lap / round the block ride this morning. My max HRM was higher than going up the nearest evil climb. :down:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
So, the track world cycling results...

Team GB post-review, fairer processes, no bullying, etc. = 7th.

Pre-review, Shane Sutton, DB, win at all costs, unrelenting excellence = 1st.

Nothing is that simple though is it.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
So, the track world cycling results...

Team GB post-review, fairer processes, no bullying, etc. = 7th.

Pre-review, Shane Sutton, DB, win at all costs, unrelenting excellence = 1st.

Nothing is that simple though is it.

No, nothing is that simple, as you say.

Dave and the team said that a certain rider at a certain road team would be gone if anything like the racism he was found guilty of happens again. Since then, said rider has thrown a punch at a fellow rider mid race. He's still on the team. Now the very same rider has moved onto launching a bike at a fellow rider's head, mid race. Let's see what happens next.

Maybe they were just talking about a repeat of the racism though? Assaulting other riders perhaps doesn't count. :shrug:

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Stupid thing was, the rider he threw it at was behind him when the crash happened & was completely innocent of anything! The bloke is a nut-job.
Ineos said straight after the race that, while the disqualification was deserved, they would "support him so it doesn't happen again"....so no signs of tearing up his contract like he did his race number then.

Anyway...Le Samyn today. Another nice little race around Belgium to enjoy :smile:

https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/se...quickstep-in-bid-to-defend-title-at-le-samyn/

For UK fans following the Belgian one-day race, there's a distinctly British flavour to it this year in that Harry Tanfield lines up for French WorldTour squad AG2R La Mondiale, and Lewis Askey and Jake Stewart are part of the Groupama-FDJ Continental squad's line-up, while two British Continental squads – Canyon dhb p/b Soreen and Vitus Pro Cycling p/b Brother UK – will also take part....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here