Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gonzalo jara reyes was in police cells Saturday so couldn't play

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Ok for what its worth here are my huge generalizations based on nothing whatsoever with no inside knowledge and just a taste of zenophbia

He might have thought if he was nicked in Brum the police down here wont know that?

Perhaps if he did get nicked he could pay the police off with some dollar?

Afterall all south americans like some bribery.

He is an donk - but good at footy so i forgive and we should sign him as soon as possible.

I know i would loose my job if i had done the drink driving - but i am not very good at my job....

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
When one affects your ability to do the other?

Impact in other areas, not just Reyes roll, should not be overlooked. The club likes to present itself as a community club and I imagine a code of conduct is implied for all employees. Gus himself has said he looks into players backgrounds and characters to ensure they are suitable for the Albion. I'm guessing Reyes has slipped through the due diligence?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Impact in other areas, not just Reyes roll, should not be overlooked. The club likes to present itself as a community club and I imagine a code of conduct is implied for all employees. Gus himself has said he looks into players backgrounds and characters to ensure they are suitable for the Albion. I'm guessing Reyes has slipped through the due diligence?

As has El-Abd, Sparrow, Oatway I presume?

I really do not see the problem with this, he is not our player, in all likelyness, he will be sent back after the Southampton and that will be it

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

I really do not see the problem with this, he is not our player, in all likelyness, he will be sent back after the Southampton and that will be it

Whilst these three people each have baggage (allegedly) each has equally been exemplary under Gus. Each must have demonstrated a will to improve and Gus called these right.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Southampton? Is this his punishment for his Saturday misdemeanor?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Whilst these three people each have baggage (allegedly) each has equally been exemplary under Gus. Each must have demonstrated a will to improve and Gus called these right.

No allegedly about it but OK. We know Gus does like the right kind of player, as the off-loading of Dickinson, Cox etc shows this. I'm just suprised by some peoples comments, if he was Lee Hughes or Marlon King, sure, but no-one really knows the full circumstances so we must trust the club to make the right decision, and if he plays again, or is even signed, we go with that.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
No allegedly about it but OK. We know Gus does like the right kind of player, as the off-loading of Dickinson, Cox etc shows this. I'm just suprised by some peoples comments, if he was Lee Hughes or Marlon King, sure, but no-one really knows the full circumstances so we must trust the club to make the right decision, and if he plays again, or is even signed, we go with that.

Fair enough for me, Reyes is not the sort of player/person I want at the club.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Guess it did then. I hope we're not paying him this week. Why should we fork out for his wages when through his own stupidity (so it seems) he wasn't available to do the job he's paid handsomely for?

Did I not read somewhere we only donate to his wages as he earns well over our top rate.

I think this is serious and its now about if he faces up to what he has done and can sort this all out with the clubs, courts and himself.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
He's now been recalled by West Brom and is in their squad for their next game. I guess he'll be getting the train back to Brum.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
He'll just have to get used to using taxis - or the bus, or a bike. Sign him up (with a clause in his contract not to pay him while he's in prison)

Sardinepuff

Jun 18, 2013
To be fair, he was given a severe telling-off about it, which will surely be enough for him to see the error of his ways. He also states that he didn't even know that his own gun was loaded- a watertight defence if ever I heard one.

What a charming fellow he is. I for one will continue to use him as a role model for my kids to copy. This story is nearly as impressive as the one about him having to temporarily suspend a bunk-up with a lady-friend in order to vomit, before carrying on where he had left off. Cheryl must have bruises on her legs from kicking herself about how she has let such a prince get away.

who is the charming fellow? Jara and his lady friend?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here