Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Running Thread

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Sorry the knee is still playing up. I'm playing with fire running flat out but just surviving with plenty of rest days.
The AG was 74.66% which I'm very happy with. I need 25 seconds and 5:49 to reach 80%. Hopefully there'll be an official Arena session at Withdean in the summer where I can give it an official go.

Beat the Gasson by 5 seconds for the first time this month but I must admit he didn't know it was a race.

Now back to reality. I don't have the stamina to race a 5K and the British Master's virtual mile to do between yesterday and next Sunday will have yesterday's time to make sure I don't overdo it in a second attempt too soon (or will it?).

With a guy like Gasson it's always a race!

You're on fire but don't burn out.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Just put some effort in on a short distance for the first time since mid-November and improved my 10km PB from 41:32 to 39:05.

Also picked up a 5km PB en route - 19:01 and also my fastest mile of 6:01 apparently.

I’m quite pleased with that!

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Is anyone on here doing the Brighton half on June 27th? If yes are you optimistic it will go ahead?

I’m not doing it, but with all lockdown restrictions potentially being lifted on 21st, I’d be very confident of an outdoor event going ahead a week later.

Larry Boyd

Banned
Feb 25, 2021
I’m not doing it, but with all lockdown restrictions potentially being lifted on 21st, I’d be very confident of an outdoor event going ahead a week later.

Yes that's what I'm thinking, sure helps when trying to get motivated to go and run.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Just put some effort in on a short distance for the first time since mid-November and improved my 10km PB from 41:32 to 39:05.

Also picked up a 5km PB en route - 19:01 and also my fastest mile of 6:01 apparently.

Brilliant Bozza.

You'll be running on your own at parkrun when it restarts!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Kinell. Looking forward to whatever your first official race time looks like.........

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
You were heading that way some time ago........still need to do it officially though :thumbsup::thumbsup:

In a race I suspect you’ll be even quicker...........anyway, bloody outstanding :clap2::clap2:

[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] is denying gravity in an ever upward spiral of faster times. Amazingly all done with constant high mileage, no tapering and no pacers. Incredible year and a half. I’ve had to rule out half marathon, 10k and 5k possible challenges with him as I’m no longer good enough. A mile challenge would be worth having to push us both but I can see that is almost beyond me and only 800m/400m are left.

Even worse the old boy’s AG must be right up there.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] is denying gravity in an ever upward spiral of faster times. Amazingly all done with constant high mileage, no tapering and no pacers. Incredible year and a half. I’ve had to rule out half marathon, 10k and 5k possible challenges with him as I’m no longer good enough. A mile challenge would be worth having to push us both but I can see that is almost beyond me and only 800m/400m are left.

Even worse the old boy’s AG must be right up there.

Is this the page you use? http://www.howardgrubb.co.uk/athletics/wmalookup06.html

It says:

5km - 75.25%
10km - 76.42%

My mile best is pretty ordinary - 69.94% - but that was one mile out of 6.22. I've never tried to run a single mile test.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
That above is Parkrun date.
Clubs can restart training earlier, so hopefully I’ll be tearing round Withdean on Monday nights from the end of March.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton

Blimey. That’s really impressive

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex

Come on Mods. Are we just gonna take his word for it? Who is this guy?

Great times Bozza

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
22.28 5k today @75.35%. Just edged you on the 5k, but

a) not for long

b) I'd be nowhere near your 10k AG

Based on that 10km I'm guessing, possibly optimistically, that I could now get close to 18:30 if I was running a 5km and knowing I could stop after 5km instead of running the same again. I'll give it a go at some point over the next few weeks.

D

Deleted member 2719

That above is Parkrun date.
Clubs can restart training earlier, so hopefully I’ll be tearing round Withdean on Monday nights from the end of March.

Can I just check, is June the 5th an official date for Parkrun, obviously assuming the trend covid cases continues to drop?

If so I might just do a few this year.:eek:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here