Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best old school insults?

Big_Unit

Sep 5, 2011
Hove
Tremendous thread - takes me back!! Things have changed a bit, it seems. On a bus in Brighton about a year ago I heard one kid (about 13 years old ) say to his mate "Your mum still owes my dog f*** money". Fantastic. Bit of a far cry for the days of 'spacker' and 'Joey'. I nearly applauded...

Remember the episode of Grange Hill when they all hummed to put off the trainee teacher.

We tried it soon after, but disappointingly, the whole class was put in lunchtime detention.

:lolol:
I remember an incident at my school when someone discovered that the local army surplus stores was selling WW2 gas masks for next to nothing. The whole of my class bought one to wear through an English lesson. When the teacher turned up, he simply carried on teaching - for the full 40 minutes - as if nothing untoward was happening.

A brilliant performance that impressed everyone.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
I use all of those still every day.
Maybe Binner is a Stringer thing. We used it there lots.

Also a Varndean thing. Used 'binner' for anyone from a council estate.

Also liked the word 'spazmo'.

Spaz is a great word and also featured in the young ones;
[Two schoolboys in school uniforms come running wildly through the halls of their school]

SCHOOLBOY #1: So that's settled then! We organize a protest against school uniforms!

SCHOOLBOY #2: Great! We can use the banners left over from the last protest we organized, so that racism wouldn't be an issue in this school.

SCHOOLBOY #1: Good! Then that's what we'll do. I'll get Mucker, Trucker, Ducker, and Sucker. You get Spaz!

SCHOOLBOY #2: But I am Spaz!

SCHOOLBOY #1: Oh. Well, I'd better get Spaz as well then. But we've got to hurry. [They start running, but bump into a stern-looking man in a 3-piece suit]

SCHOOLBOY #2: Sorry, Mr. Liberal. We were in a hurry.

MR. LIBERAL: Hang on, you pair of young scruffy tearaways. Don't you realize the way you act is influencing millions of children to talk Cockney and be insubordinate?!

SCHOOLBOY #1: Come on, sir. Don't be silly! We're the only kidds in Britain who never say fu....

[Back to the house]

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
skill was in fact an African Bum Disease

What was that about? I remember it clearly. Never made any sense and then years later... AIDS. Admittedly not exclusively African of Bum related but with strong correlations to both. I worry that kids of our generation created AIDS through the power of our minds! (not much, but a little, when as the tabloids would have it 'tired and emotional')

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
Don't know if it was specific to uckfield but anyone that picked anything up from the floor was greeted with BINGER, meaning they were some sort of tramp rustling round in the dustbins

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
we used to put our tongue behind our bottom lips and say 'derrrr searchlight' if someone was being a bit stupid. not really sure why it was a long time ago . i think maybe there was a place for kids with learning difficlties called searchlight around.

i still use quite a few of these to this day . you cant beat the old ones. 'cripple' was a particular favourite in the old days that hasnt been used since . whilst not particularly pc it may have to be used again

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here