The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Strange, I thought there was a WORLD of difference between "not very good" and "shit".

I stand corrected. :thumbsup:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Fair enough.

When most people write that someone is 'not very good', it generally would mean that they didn't rate them all that highly.

You should be clearer...

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Sorry Mr Kraay.

I think Heskey is the better player. Crouch is alright, he will get you goals against certain teams and is rightfully Heskey's backup. I do think Crouch's goals to games record is impressive, even if it does flatter him somewhat.

Also (and this is not Crouch's fault) it's frustrating how many fouls are given against him at International level, that would never be given in the Prem.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Mellotron. Don't EVEN TRY and wiggle out of that one.

What upsets me is that if crouch was 5ft 8 everyone would LOVE HIM.

Unfortunately his frame deters people from complementing just how good on the floor he is. His flicks, control, lay offs, spreade passes, awarness
are all BRILLIANT.

And his goal ratio is WICKED. I've always liked crouch and get so PISSED OFf when people down the pub slag him off.

Take him to the world cup and he will cause HAVOC.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Sorry Mr Kraay.

I think Heskey is the better player. Crouch is alright, he will get you goals against certain teams and is rightfully Heskey's backup. I do think Crouch's goals to games record is impressive, even if it does flatter him somewhat.

Also (and this is not Crouch's fault) it's frustrating how many fouls are given against him at International level, that would never be given in the Prem.

That's better :thumbsup:

I actually don't think Heskey is a 'better' player either - just a 'different' player. Not his back-up but actually to be preferred for some fixtures.

His record doesn't 'flatter' him either - if you convert his substitute minutes into 'whole games' its actually something like 20 in 26. Outstanding figures.

And on the 'against good teams' bit - he can only score against those he is picked against. Also, his missus is absolute quality.

Agree on the fouls given against him.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Aren't 99% of Crouchy's goals against the likes of Jamaica? :rolleyes:

Yep, hes still better than Heskey though who has no goals against anyone.

About time i kicked this thread into action :wink:

Its still Rooney and Defoe for me if we have any long term ambition in the tournament however.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Aren't 99% of Crouchy's goals against the likes of Jamaica? :rolleyes:

So f***ing WHAT!?!?

It's such a WEAK arguement! In th world cup no or else could score for 80mins against 'shit team' trinidad and Tobago, and them crouch did an it gave us a vital group win.

He can't CHOOSE who he plays against. Most teams we play in qualifiers or friendlies are 'shit' but someone has to score.

Jesus.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
So f***ing WHAT!?!?

It's such a WEAK arguement! In th world cup no or else could score for 80mins against 'shit team' trinidad and Tobago, and them crouch did an it gave us a vital group win.

He can't CHOOSE who he plays against. Most teams we play in qualifiers or friendlies are 'shit' but someone has to score.

Jesus.

Amen to that.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
So f***ing WHAT!?!?

Jesus.

Easy tiger. :rolleyes:

Even in the premiership he struggles to score against top class teams.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Exactly. When has he played well against a top Prem defence?

Also...the only two VINTAGE England performances of the last 10 years:

Germany 1 - 5 England
Croatia 1 - 5 England

Heskey was a KEY figure in both games.

I'm not wriggling anywhere Mejona. I NEVER said he was shit.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Exactly. When has he played well against a top Prem defence?

Also...the only two VINTAGE England performances of the last 10 years:

Germany 1 - 5 England
Croatia 1 - 5 England

Heskey was a KEY figure in both games.

I'm not wriggling anywhere Mejona. I NEVER said he was shit.

Id say beating Argentina 3-2 prior to the World Cup was just as good, and against better opposition, theres no such thing as a friendly with them, it was an excellent game.

Rooney and Owen started that game. Crouchy came on and really turned the game on its head without actually scoring mind, but none the less it just goes to show 2 little guys can work up front given the right service. Owen got 2 i think and Rooney the other.

Crouch from the Bench to change a game is where i see him doing his best work from for England. Either way hes a better option than Heskey or Cole in my opinion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here