Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

banks with coin counting machines in ?

seven stands

May 25, 2006
hastings
I have a fair amount of change counted into those change bag things, and it now seems even though banks are skint they dont want more than five bags at a time. My question to you good people is, do you know of any banks that have machines like the coinstar ones you get in supermarkets that dont charge 7percent commission ?. i have tried google and can only see banks in america that have them:(

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
You haven't said where you live.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Have you tried the post office? they may change up the bags for you

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Sainsburys give you the full amount in the form of a credit note if you use it in the shop. if not its 7p in the pound.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Natwest in Brighton and Eastbourne have but you need to have an account with them to use. Just pour the money in, it counts, rejects any foreign ones and credits your account. Marvellous fun.

Last edited:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
wondered into the COOP Bank in Brighton with 10 bags of change and they did'nt mind at all....neither did I cos it was £140!
I have a got a tub of 1p/2p that needs doing though and would rather dump them into an automatic counter rather than counting it out myself!

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
got 1.5k ish it all adds up every 7p

With that amount you will have to pay even your own bank, I think:rant:

There was a roberry recently with loads of coin stolen, M&S Wortinng I think so watch yourself:thumbsup:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I wont use those coinstar machine out of principal as I think they are a rip off.

You can buy coin counting machines quite cheap if you accumulate a lot of coins.

seven stands

May 25, 2006
hastings
With that amount you will have to pay even your own bank, I think:rant:

There was a roberry recently with loads of coin stolen, M&S Wortinng I think so watch yourself:thumbsup:

yeah was not spending change or putting it in bank to put towards deposit on house but then heard bank may charge if i pay too much in when it comes to pilling in loads just before morgate time so was thinking about getting an isa i cant touch and topping it up ( have no will power if i can get it out cash point or use card ) oh forgot about m & s :thumbsup:

seven stands

May 25, 2006
hastings
i have counted it all and baged it but cant be arsed with going back and fourth so a machine that i can put it all in at once would have been easier

is reading a thread not possible without glasses these days ! :ohmy::facepalm::laugh:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Some banks only take two bags at a time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here