Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Top Gear

Scarface

Apr 16, 2004
Burgess Hill
Black Stig was Perry McCarthy, the current one has been widely rumoured to be a guy called Ben Collins

This is true, he's some touring car driver from Bristol I believe. Apparently its well known in the motor sport world who the stig is but as they love the show so much they all play up to the 'mystery'.

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
3332958146_fd29500780.jpg

The car does make a huge difference, that Ferrari is stupid quick and set up for pure performance unlike many of the cars that go round there. It has slick tyres, and that alone is probably worth 3 or 4 seconds over most things round that track. Plus unlike most cars with 800-odd horsepower, this actually looked like it could put it down. That's not to say Schumacher didn't make a difference, but 'real Stig' knows that track so well that it wouldn't have been much.

I suspect that Ferrari only leant it to them on the understanding that one of their drivers drove it.

AIT76

The wisdom of a fool
Jul 29, 2004
This is true, he's some touring car driver from Bristol I believe. Apparently its well known in the motor sport world who the stig is but as they love the show so much they all play up to the 'mystery'.

Ben Collins drove a vintage racer at the Festival Of Speed last year. Judging by the amount of people shouting 'Alright Stig?!' at him in the paddock, I think the GBP has a pretty good idea who he is as well!

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
MIGHT well be a bluff, but Stephen Fry has been doing the "Star in a reasonably priced car" thing today, and said "Der Stig v kind ....." - could it actually be Schumacher all the time?

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
That's quite interesting.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
MIGHT well be a bluff, but Stephen Fry has been doing the "Star in a reasonably priced car" thing today, and said "Der Stig v kind ....." - could it actually be Schumacher all the time?

definitely not - unless on every other week he wears high heels/platform shoes. Schumacher was about 6 inches shorter (compared to Clarkson) than the 'usual' Stig.

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
Why have they started putting hot women in the front of the audience? Not that i'm complaining mind...

attachment.php

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_01 Jul. 02 21.33.jpg
    ScreenHunter_01 Jul. 02 21.33.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 442

Mar 13, 2008
definitely not - unless on every other week he wears high heels/platform shoes. Schumacher was about 6 inches shorter (compared to Clarkson) than the 'usual' Stig.
Also notice they removed the time he did.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Back tonight 8pm BBC2
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00lnd97

Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May confront the credit crunch head on as they attempt to find three sensibly priced small cars that won't make you miserable, a process that involves haranguing bankers, harnessing large dogs, and almost getting arrested.
Plus, James meets American stunt driving legend Ken Block, Jeremy tests the mildly insane Mercedes SL Black on the track, and Michael McIntyre is the Star in a Reasonably Priced Car.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Does anyone reckon tonights show will start later than advertised thanks to the poxy tennis?

I hope note it is only the men's doubles to play. That can be put on the red button.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here