Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ticket purchasing

I know it has been done to death on here but there are still issues the club are not getting to grips with.

Your response to an earlier question of "As an aside, the easiest way of purchasing your Hartlepool ticket is online" is not necessarily the case owing to limitations of the system.

I tried to purchase North Stand tickets for tonight and the system kept rejecting my request. There was/is clearly an error as tickets were showing at £13.

I therefore tried to purchase SSC tickets but the only option was row A seats 202/203 which was not of interest as I wanted a 'better' view if possible. The system does not allow you to see what seats are available and in today's age this should be possible?

I then tried calling the ticket office with Q position 10 and after waiting a considerable time to get to position 1 I got a message there was no one to take my call and leave a message.

I eventually got through several hours later and have tickets for the family stand.

The club HAS to do better as it is clearly alienating fans and does not seem to be providing a level a service that it should.

Insider

Jul 18, 2003
Brighton
I think we might need to set up a separate Ask The Ticket Office at this rate!

Apologies re the phone system cutting you off. I have already raised this with the ticket office in order to relay this to the telecoms provider, as that should not happen provided you're calling during office hours. Obviously, you should get to queue position one and then have your call answered.

Re ticket sales for last night's game, the north stand was sold out, which is why you couldn't buy - I will raise this with tickets.com, via the ticket office, as you should have had a sold out message - as opposed to an error message. Similarly with the South Stand, if a section only has limited tickets left, there is little we can do about this. Also your point about selecting a seat, many clubs have actually come away from this system as it causes more problems, as you end up with lots more singles at the end. Most clubs do tend to offer choice by block.

One general point I would make is that the ticket office cannot help the high volume of calls this week. The way the fixtures have panned out doesn't help (Leicester, Millwall, Derby, Hartlepool and now Swindon) all in such close succession.

Additionally, while there are still a few complaints, the systems have been significantly improved - and will undergo a further overhaul in the New Year.

And to those fans who want to leave it until the last minute until they buy a ticket, they have to accept that they are going to have to be patient when buying the ticket. This service is extremely popular, as it's the closest thing to paying on the gate. Fridays and Saturday mornings before Saturday home games (and similar periods for midweek fixtures) will always be very busy periods.

We would love to have 20 staff waiting to take calls - but we have to cut our cloth accordingly. All football clubs have peak periods, and no football club can afford to install phone lines, computers and employ staff to deal with these busy periods - and then those systems and staff are redundant for the rest of the week.

We are constantly working at improving ticketing, and your feedback is helpful. Hope this answers your query.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here