Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

DICK KNIGHT OUT ? Just one little question for you....

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Ernest said:
Of course there is a decent argument, has Dick Knight and his cronies who think the club is their personal plaything got the resources to take the club forward ?
Of course not and that is why so many people are concerned right now.

Is that it Ernest ?? You've massaged those two brain cells and thats what you can come up with ? The sum of your argument is basically:

"Errrr, we need someone with loads of money to come in, take the club over and buy some players and stuff."

(clap.....clap......clap....)

Well thats BRILLIANT Ernest. Bloody well done. So what we want is a rich sugar-daddy to come in and take over. Yes, I'm sure thats the answer. Theres a small flaw there though...

EVERY f***ing FOOTBALL CLUB OUTSIDE OF CHELSEA WANTS THAT, YOU BELLEND. WHO WOULDN'T ?

Honestly, I'm not sure I can continue with this. Its like trying to reason with a 3 year old with behaviour issues.

:shootself

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
Easy 10 - Fantastic post. Well done.

"Knight in over 6 years has failed to even get past the planning application for a new stadium and has yet to convince many he has the finance to build a new ground.
The most important thing right now is to give McGhee enough money to strengthen the squad"

Knight has SUCCESSFULLY got planning permission for a new stadium. The government then called it in. These things take time - yes we all wish it could happen quicker but remember the only councillor to vote against the stadium did so bacause he called the application "rushed"
The most important thing right now is for John Prescott to say yes in january.

"Don't care how much Dick tight is worth, But am saying he should put some of that money he's made from Zamora and Coppell back into the playing side."

Zamora money was used for public enquiry and rightly so - what would happen if we got planning permission, it got called in and then Knight said "oh sorry can't afford a public enquiry!"

Why do people think the Coppell money will not be used for players? There were 2 new players today and McGhee has openly said he is looking for more.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Cheers Kneon Light.
Its reassuring to know that not everyone on here is a f***ing mentalist. Scuse my french tonight, but I'm really getting quite wound up by this.

Well composed thread.
:clap:

It's no surprise of course, that a couple of crap games and a crack in the armour seems to invite the slings and arrows from all the 'downers' coming out for a whinge. Do you people lay in wait for the first chance to give DK a lashing?
Are you anti-Falmer-ites, thinking that by posting under the guise of Albion fans you will get more joy out of chipping at the foundations?
This club has seen harder times than this, and these few games. A change was overdue anyway, and Coppell should have addressed a couple of things ....except he left the squad we now see losing every week, and with little more than the remnants of Adams' side from three seasons back. This with more free-agent football players than ever, and the league full of imports!
What about a chairman spending loads on the team, but nothing on finding a place to play? No managers staying around, no players wanting to use BHA for anything more than a stepping stone, and no hope for that to change in future.

MM needs a little time, and the players need to use that time to make something for their careers now or be on their way to some pub side after their week on a building site or under office lights.

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
I've been reading this thread very closely and think I have the answer as to who would be best placed to replace Dick Knight...unfortunately Father Christmas says whilst he is a man of means, he feels he wouldn't last a month juggling the politics, the costs, logistics and business of running a football club, often without thanks.

Re: Re: Re: DICK KNIGHT OUT ? Just one little question for you retards....

Ernest said:
Where did the compo for Coppell go ? Can't have gone on the planning enquiry as that should have been done by the Summer.
Didn't you notice, you pillock, that - thanks to the University of Brighton - there was a need for an entirely separate planning application for new access arrangements? And that it had to be submitted in the summer? And that it was subject to a further eight days of Public Inquiry in October? And that highway design work had to be paid for all over again? And that fresh consultants' reports had to be commissioned? And that expensive legal support had to be secured to cover the weeks of additional work that had to be put in? And that the costs of the building project have gone up as a result? And that the stadium planning application would have failed if these extra costs hadn't been incurred?

Of course money is being spent on the planning application. We'd all rather see Coppell's compensation payment put into the playing budget. But at the expense of achieving Falmer? I think not.

:angry:

Re: Re: Re: Re: DICK KNIGHT OUT ? Just one little question for you retards....

Lucky Boy said - 'I will watch the Albion whatever division they are in. If you want to be a glory seeking pot seeker go support Man U. There is more to being a fan than trophies, but under DK we have won two championships, more than under any other chairman. [/B][/QUOTE]'...........

Mr Farang - I totally agree, but surely the quote undermines your other posts in this thread slating Knight!

Easy 10 - Top posts mate, but don't rise to them. Saw you at the match today, almost said hello!

Last edited:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Erm, has anyone noticed that the current league rules include a much shortened transfer window and we couldn't spend the compensation from Coppell today even if we wanted to?

Easy 10 - agree 100% with your posts but I've long since learned not to rise to the bait.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
the problem with discussing with these loons is they don't base any of their arguments on facts. probably best to ignore em but its hard:nono:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Top post Easy. There are far too many people who follow the club who have rather short memories.

Shankly Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Littlehampton
It's Knight for me every time. look at the positive stuff the posters have contributed.

Easy's spot on. There are no sugar daddies waiting in the wings, the Abramoviches are rare, but they didn't gain that wealth by accident. Football clubs rarely make money, and the only ones likely to are Premiership ones in major cities.

Next time your at Withdean take a look around you. It ain't gonna happen.

Let's accept that the Stadiumprocess will continue to drain ebery last penny we own (and a few we don't).

Even when we have built Falmer my guess is that in the early years team investment will not be startling, because we will be trying to reduce our gearing.

A few years of austerity are required to seal a future period of sucess.

Why oh why did I look on here today? I promised myself I wouldn't but did. :nono:

Another thread that will go dead now that someone has pointed out that the anti Knight brigade are talking out of their backsides. And what the hell 4 senior players completely losing the plot has got to do with the chairman I really don't know.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The Great Cornholio said:

And what the hell 4 senior players completely losing the plot has got to do with the chairman I really don't know.

Well it seems to have a bit to do with it in that the minute some of these guys have been put on long term contracts they seem to have become completely demotivated

But Dick Knight's quite rightly trying to keep the club afloat til Falmer gets the green light. He can't have foreseen that the players he's rewarded with a bit of job security would suddenly stop playing. Nothing a short sharp shock being farmed out to non-league teams couldn't cure maybe.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Tom Hark said:
Well it seems to have a bit to do with it in that the minute some of these guys have been put on long term contracts they seem to have become completely demotivated

But Dick Knight's quite rightly trying to keep the club afloat til Falmer gets the green light. He can't have foreseen that the players he's rewarded with a bit of job security would suddenly stop playing. Nothing a short sharp shock being farmed out to non-league teams couldn't cure maybe.

Or the fact that Dick Tight has starved the squad of investment and so there is no cover for injuries or loss of form.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: DICK KNIGHT OUT ? Just one little question for you retards....

Soton Seagull said:

Easy 10 - Top posts mate, but don't rise to them. Saw you at the match today, almost said hello!

Should have done - I don't bite !

Ernest - once again neatly sidestepping all the issues you don't understand or have an answer to, ignoring any posts challenging your position, and just trotting out the same old crap time after time after time.

I think you should leave it there - you're just making yourself look a bit of an idiot. Go and vote on a poll or something, but leave the proper debate to the adults on here, eh ?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: DICK KNIGHT OUT ? Just one little question for you retards....

Lucky_Boy_Farang said:

Another breath taking response-good comeback!

mitch

Oct 16, 2003
maybe the squad as been starved of investment,no without a doubt the squad is under strength at the moment.
but what would you rather have yourself starved of regular football in your home town,its the old chessnut again until falmer is built there is no way we can put out a team we would all want to.
so it's time for a bit of realisum we had to get out of gillingham so thats where we are now withdean and all the financial restraints that go with it.
the planning application/enquiry/lawyers who's next job will be to see through the finance and application proper that's where the money as gone and is still going.
and to right so stop thinking there's a millionaire out there who wants to waste his money.
it just ain't going to happen.

Last edited:

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
At last, THANK GOD FOR EASY 10. It's about time someone said that. There are far to many moaners on here. Personally I love DK, and I think he's the right man for the job. If a rich sugar daddy comes along, then perhaps dick should stand aside..but until that day comes im extremly happy to have such a decent honourabe man as our chairman. Im pround, you only need to look at some other (lesser) clubs and see who they have in charge! I think every one of us Albion fans should be gratful. Let DK take us to falmer. Then let us start questioning his future.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
I haven't got anything against knight,but i have stuck to my guns even through the championship times that he is not amitious enough to take us to the big time.

Now as we have all agreed that knight hasn't a pot to piss in how does he do all this without any money.
Tell you what he needs a medal if he can be our god get us 2 championships so you say and get all these managers although lose them all without spending a bean.

This is where you are all wrong as i have stated the only people to get us this is the fans of bha not anyone else although yeah knight hires the managers,but thats pot luck if they succeed its that straight forward.
Now as knight is so poor he will want his 1.5 million back as soon as possible although there is a chance he has already got part of it back.
Lets face it will always look good on knight looking at recent acheivments,but this could have easily swung the other way very easily and i put that success down to adams getting free players and using his contacts.
Thankfully for knight adams done the buisness and has made knight look like god its that straight forward and fortunate for knight.
Im sure knight is a decent bloke and means well and is a big fan,but until we get proper playing funds we will always be average.

Im not asking for super rich people just 400k+ to get a few decent players in and good assets for the future.
Lets face it fans pay money and want to see decentish football,but you may say you don't care how we play as long as we get falmer as thats our priority,well you won't say that when the fans dribble away as these fans pay good money its as simple as that and you must keep the fans happy.

I don't wanna support anyone else bar the albion end of it and thats the way it is,so let people have there say and stop whinging as im not a big fan of knight and will admit it for as long as it takes.:nono:

If you wanna worship knight thats your choice,but trust me knight doesn't do all these god things without spending a bean.:lol: :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here