Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Giant Albion mosaic at Falmer?!

Face

Sep 29, 2004
West Londinium
Funnily enough we were talking abou this on Saturday without seeing this thread. I'm in - great way of raising some cash for Falmer & getting imortalised in the process!

:albion2:

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Right, I'm bouncing this, as a memorial / mosaic / piece of art at Falmer has become a topic of conversation on here again.

As mentioned in other threads, I received positive noises from Martin Perry and Paul Camillin on this, but never heard a peep out of Dick Knight. Does anyone on here have closer access to the big man, and could they run it by him again? Or should I just keep bombarding DK's inbox?

Any advice appreciated. The last comment on here, from DIFFBROOK, was written 16 months ago now, and the vast majority have been really positive, so I'd like to see this happen. Then the £75K fund could be spent on something else. We need to give a lasting memorial for all those who won't be around to see Falmer.

MODS, could you make it a sticky, please?

:thumbsup:

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
Right, I'm bouncing this, as a memorial / mosaic / piece of art at Falmer has become a topic of conversation on here again.

As mentioned in other threads, I received positive noises from Martin Perry and Paul Camillin on this, but never heard a peep out of Dick Knight. Does anyone on here have closer access to the big man, and could they run it by him again? Or should I just keep bombarding DK's inbox?

Any advice appreciated. The last comment on here, from DIFFBROOK, was written 16 months ago now, and the vast majority have been really positive, so I'd like to see this happen. Then the £75K fund could be spent on something else. We need to give a lasting memorial for all those who won't be around to see Falmer.

MODS, could you make it a sticky, please?

Hi ELS - like I said any help you need on this give me a shout. I still have a Divided We Fall poster somewhere should the club need an example...

Warren

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Hi ELS - like I said any help you need on this give me a shout. I still have a Divided We Fall poster somewhere should the club need an example...

Warren

Cheers Warren,

Thanks for the PM - definitely think we should both speak to the club about this. Will see what can be sorted out.

Shame the old link doesn't work...

For everyone else - here's another link to the story: BBC NEWS | UK | Chance for World Cup's absentees

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
I let the domain name go out of date after the WC. He has bought it and used it for his own needs!!

The bugger. Is the flag itself hosted anywhere else so people can see what we're on about?

A few people on the new threads seem to be unaware that we're seeing this as a fundraising initiative, as well as a sentimental / celebratory one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here