Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The REMF 6 - Thanks and Results

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Richie Morris said:
How about playing at SELHURST next year?

Richie we did consider this option in the past but 300 people in a 35000 stadium would just not be the same, I think Lewes FC is perfect and will get the wagon rolling Jan 2008 and want 500 next year, also we need to invest in a microphone for the after match bits !.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Uncle Spielberg said:
Richie we did consider this option in the past but 300 people in a 35000 stadium would just not be the same, I think Lewes FC is perfect and will get the wagon rolling Jan 2008 and want 500 next year, also we need to invest in a microphone for the after match bits !.

Lewes was really good and was great having everyone grouped behind the goal.

Thanks to everyone who organised it.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
mendoza10 said:
all that hard work i put into it too:jester:
I know, and I am sorry.

I could rightly place the blame elsewhere, but that would be churlish. Actually, no it wouldn't, but I won't bother right now. It was down to me to get them there, and it didn't happen.

:down:

But this is VERY different from the Richie Morris fanzine fiasco-farce thing. Very different. No, really.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
The Large One said:
I know, and I am sorry.

I could rightly place the blame elsewhere, but that would be churlish. Actually, no it wouldn't, but I won't bother right now. It was down to me to get them there, and it didn't happen.

But this is VERY different from the Richie Morris fanzine fiasco-farce thing. Very different. No, really.

You keep telling yourself that Alan...;)

The Large One said:
I know, and I am sorry.

Fair enough Alan, it would have been nice for you to have given us a bit more of a clue at the time as we we're continuously being asked for one, but it didn't matter too much in the end.

Yoda

English & European
Dave the Gaffer said:
:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

gareth, I have 3 bottles of bubbly left over which are adorning my wine rack at the moment....what do you want me to do with them?

answers on a postcard please...LOL

Thanks from to to all concerned, shame about the CD and mic not available and lack of programmes, but apart from that a top top effort from the REMF team and the REMF management team. just glad I could help by doing my bit.

Superb evening and I sincerely hope everyone enjoyed it.

Dave, Cheers again for the lift home. :kiss:

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Game was great to play in, especially with all the fans gathered behind the goal - although I am not sure their forward who SPANKED the ball over the bar with an open goal quite agreed...

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Dave, I can pick the bubbly up sometime as I wanted to give them out to certain people. We had 2 hitches the pa which we overcame successfully with a bit of improvisation and most dissapointingly the programme which we did not know about until 6.45pm, I do not know the ins and outs but I am sure Al would have done everything he could to get them there, I am not going to beast Al about it as don't forget he managed to get us Lewes FC and the bar free of charge and the officials and donated several excellent prizes to the raffle , so the credit far outweighs the debit. We are having a REMF 7 planning ocmmittee from 1/08 and we will have programmes next year and flyers. I am going all out next year.

I think the idea of selling as many anyway for £ 2 is good although the £ 5 included the programme , if anyone wants one please let me know. I need one for the board next year and to have the continuity of the teams.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Al, thats what I said old buddy, you did sterling work for REMF and the choice of Lewes FC instigated by you was inspired, people did ask me during the night about the programmes and I had nothing to tell them thats all. Anyway the night was a roaring success and a lot of that is due to you :kiss:

Yoda

English & European
Uncle Spielberg said:
Dave, I can pick the bubbly up sometime as I wanted to give them out to certain people. We had 2 hitches the pa which we overcame successfully with a bit of improvisation and most dissapointingly the programme which we did not know about until 6.45pm, I do not know the ins and outs but I am sure Al would have done everything he could to get them there, I am not going to beast Al about it as don't forget he managed to get us Lewes FC and the bar free of charge and the officials and donated several excellent prizes to the raffle , so the credit far outweighs the debit. We are having a REMF 7 planning ocmmittee from 1/08 and we will have programmes next year and flyers. I am going all out next year.

I think the idea of selling as many anyway for £ 2 is good although the £ 5 included the programme , if anyone wants one please let me know. I need one for the board next year and to have the continuity of the teams.

I'd like one GG.

Like I said on the night, let me know about printing, I'll have a word with a few mates in PEP printers in Worthing (Used to play for their 5-a-side team). I may be able to get something done for free, if not then on the cheap big time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here