Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Zidane punsihment

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Zidane banned for 3 months and fined just over 3 grand. Matterazzi has also been banned for two matches and fined a little over 2grand.

Is it me or is that a bit crap? What's the point of banning someone who has retired ?

Also, what are the chances that anything would have happened to Matterazzi if it wasn't Zidane who had headbutted him. In the world cup final?

Have F.I.F.A got this right or is it another cock up by Corrupt Blatter and his hands in the cookie jar cronies?

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
seems all abit stupid really, FIFA have only Zindanes word of what the Italian said so its sort of dubious anyway. As for banning a retired player...well thats FIFA just being completley dumbminded as they always are...some things never change

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Dammit, he'll miss the games against Rotherham, Gillingham, and Brentford then. :nono:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I just think its ridiculous how people have queued up to defend Zidane.

His excuse was that of a six year old child: "bur sir, he was mean to me, so I hit him".

Feel sorry for Materazzi, no way would he have been punished if it wasn't the saintly (more career red cards than Roy Keane) Zidane.

People make comments on the pitch, big deal, get over it and play football.

You'd never get away with Zidane's excuse in a court if you were charged with assault.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Nothing surprises me with FIFA. Banning a retired player just about sums them up. Absolute bunch of utter spacktards.

Pigsy

Jul 14, 2004
I'm sure Materazzi feels this is fine, seeing as he got to win the World Cup as a result of Zidane's actions.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Yeah, but he's being punished for doing nothing wrong.

If sportsmen got suspensions every time a player gave out a few verbals, Shane Warne would be doing a 30 year sentence.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
So I presume that all players who attempt to wind-up opponents will now receive bans from FIFA will they?

or does the other player have to react?

or (far more likely) does the reacting player have to be someone who FIFA and most of the World's media suck up to beyond all belief.

Yep, teachers pet does something wrong, and unfortunately has to be punished, but teacher is far more concerned at what made their little darling behave like this. Whoever provoked them is in big trouble.

FIFA, just when I think you cannot look more stupid you surpass ypourselves once more.

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
How can FIFA actaully impose any sort of punishment on Zidane?

What if he doesn't pay the fine? What will they do? He was sent off in the game. End of as far as I'm concerned.

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Lammy said:
How can FIFA actaully impose any sort of punishment on Zidane?

What if he doesn't pay the fine? What will they do? He was sent off in the game. End of as far as I'm concerned.

he's still probabally bound by membership for 2006, they register from august to august (well the FA do, so I'm assuming the french FA do the same and that's where your affiliation to FIFA comes from)

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
:lolol: :lolol:

banning a retired player

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here