Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Zenga AXED

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I agree. I just wonder how many Championship clubs have foreign owners, and more to the point, how many of those owners actually have a clue about their club, the fans, the tradition, the history. Not many I would guess.

They don't have to be foreign to be useless. Ask any Derby fan

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Ridiculous sacking

The Board may be seeing poor results so far recently but they have been playing well in most matches so obviously Non Footballing people looking to buy a place in the Premier League.

Look at CHs result when he came here - not great but at least Tony Bloom knew he needed to give the Manager time to piece together his own team and his own system of playing and that doesn't happen in 2 or 3 months

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
It's a bit like a really shit computer game 'Foreign Football Chairman' where after every game you have one option ' Sack Manager' Y/N ?

And that's it.

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
Personally, I think they were one of the better teams we have faced at the Amex so far. Thought they played good football but were shocking in the final third, should've scored at least once or twice.

Ridiculous sacking.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
A lot of comments on the Wolves messageboard impressed at the fact that FOSUN (the Chinese owners) certainly aren't "messing about" and have been very decisive.

Not many on there are mentioning what a SHIT appointment it was in the first place though.

"They absolutely did. A cursory look at the CVs of Dalrymple and Zenga showed them to be wildly under-qualified and inexperienced for the roles of MD and Manager at a club of our size and ambition.

Excellent news that they have identified the mistakes quickly and not tolerated people not being up to the mark"

I mean WTF ? ???

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I sure I posted over the summer that he was a panic appointment after Wolves preferred candidate took another job. Shame, as a local resident I have a soft spot for Wolves, but I'm not sure the new owners really know what they are up to.

Sent from my E2303 using Tapatalk

Who was the preferred candidate?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
Seemed an odd appointment at the time, but then you suspect that Zenga was probably not the person who was actually making the transfers. I'd imagine that's why Wolves are reluctant to recruit an English candidate as they probably want to impose a selection panel's players on the manager rather than leave him with the autonomy to sign who he wants. Someone like Steve Bruce would never have accepted that model of working.

All said and done though, firing Zenga this early in the season seems a bit premature. It's only a month ago that Wolves won 2-0 at St James' Park against Newcastle. Their dip since would suggest to me that it will take time for new players to bed in together and for them to achieve consistency. But the trouble is that I expect the owners want an instant return on their investment. Easier said than done though in what is a really strong renewal of the Championship.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here